• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What to do?

NNOOOOOOOOoooooo.....

One of the best days of our marriage was the day we traded the Windstar on the RX300. Minivans do have their place, but I hated ours every day we owned it.

Start carting kids and hockey equipment around, and long ass drives every weekend, they become very useful. Often times we take other kids places with us on day trips and it's impossible without a minivan.

Start carting kids and hockey equipment around, and long ass drives every weekend, they become very useful. Often times we take other kids places with us on day trips and it's impossible without a minivan.

Nooooooooooooo

I had one, drove it for the 2 worse years of my life. It doesn't matter if you tint the windows, put rims on it, I even tried putting a cold air kit and exhaust on it, it's still a friggin mini-van !!!!!!!

Hand over the man-card right now if you are seriously thinking about getting one. :D

uninspired and soulless.
Get a Sequoia. :)

We've got 4 kids between 12 and 16 (2nd marriage, 2 each). Around town, the minivan is easier. But, on any trip, my YukonXL is far and away better than the Windstar ever was...and they got the same mileage! I know Yotas and Hondas are nicer than Ford minivans, but still...given the option, I'd buy another big SUV before any minivan on the market. And now that it's gone, my wife is the same way.

But like I said, it does serve the purpose well, especially around town. Different strokes for different folks, like always.

The only white lining in owning a minivan is that it's a temporary fix. There's a window of need, and then it becomes an eyesore and unneccessary. No more strollers, no more pack-n-plays, no more kids junk.

That's why you buy used. A lease buy-back or the like. No sense buying new when you know it's heading out in 3-4 years anyways.

Minivans, new or used, are the biggest money pits around. They're built cheap because they are.

R35

The only white lining in owning a minivan is that it's a temporary fix. There's a window of need, and then it becomes an eyesore and unneccessary. No more strollers, no more pack-n-plays, no more kids junk.

That's why you buy used. A lease buy-back or the like. No sense buying new when you know it's heading out in 3-4 years anyways.

Minivans, new or used, are the biggest money pits around. They're built cheap because they are.

R35

No - I've seen Odyseeys with 300,000 miles on them.

The Yukon is a good choice. If the GMC Acadia wasn't so unreliable it would be a good choice, too. The amount of room is way above average. And they kick a$$ in the snow...

No - I've seen Odyseeys with 300,000 miles on them.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. When I said cheap minivans, I suspected you'd be goated into buying a Caravan like everyone else. I naively and stupidly lumped you in with the rest of the maroons that go cheap. My apologies. The Odyssey and the Sienna are both fantastic buys. Expensive, but worth it in both reliability and resale.

R35

The Yukon is a good choice. If the GMC Acadia wasn't so unreliable it would be a good choice, too. The amount of room is way above average. And they kick a$$ in the snow...
My dad has an Acadia, along with a lot of our friends (very popular around here) and I haven't heard of any reliability issues. That's actually one of the SUV's on my wife's list IF we ever replace the RX300...as is a standard size Yukon.

Perhaps I should have been more clear. When I said cheap minivans, I suspected you'd be goated into buying a Caravan like everyone else. I naively and stupidly lumped you in with the rest of the maroons that go cheap. My apologies. The Odyssey and the Sienna are both fantastic buys. Expensive, but worth it in both reliability and resale.

R35
Agree 100%. When we were looking around to ditch the Windstar, she was debating a minivan. I told her these were the only 2 to consider.

Sienna.....
You can put a sheet of plywood in the back (laying flat), not so with the Honda.
Big rear pillar in the Honda that inhibits rear vision.

We put one in the show room yesterday.....it's enormous. there is an AWD option on the Sienna. Honda is FWD only.

Wow...less than a week since the switch, and already bad mouthing your old line! ;)

I didn't sell Honda's

R35

I thought you knew me better than that - I play Titleist remember ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520