• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What would you pay for a round?

FATC1TY

Taylormade Ho' Magnet
Reaction score
Booking a tee time this afternoon, got me thinking...

I know the prices in areas varies greatly, even in my area, from one end of the city, to even the other end of the state. I can play for as little as $15, all the way up to $300+ for a simple 18 holes.

Aside from the special resort courses, which are obviously expensive, and the historic ones, what would YOU pay to play? If your a member of a club, what would you pay for a one time play somewhere other than your home course?

For an average weekday/weekend round, I'm willing to part with around $35-65 for 18 w/ a cart. This gets me on most of the semi-private/public courses that are in above average condition.

I'd pay over $85 a few times a year to play the more well-known courses, or the ones that are in the top 100 course list, and top end of the state.

Anything over $100, would be a special treat for myself, and would be around 1 round a year.

So what are you willing to spend on a round of golf?

We are in the same general area, so the prices are pretty similar here too. I agree, $35-$65 for a normal round of golf. Anything over $65 I consider a treat, and it had better be a mighty nice course.

The most I've ever paid was $110.00 to play the Nicklaus Course in Panama City, Fl. And while it was a very nice course, now that I've played some other nice courses it was a little over priced IMHO.

I'd say I'm about the same. I paid $50 to play yesterday and regretting it now though.

Anything over about $60 would be a special treat for me.

Booking a tee time this afternoon, got me thinking...

I know the prices in areas varies greatly, even in my area, from one end of the city, to even the other end of the state. I can play for as little as $15, all the way up to $300+ for a simple 18 holes.

Aside from the special resort courses, which are obviously expensive, and the historic ones, what would YOU pay to play? If your a member of a club, what would you pay for a one time play somewhere other than your home course?

For an average weekday/weekend round, I'm willing to part with around $35-65 for 18 w/ a cart. This gets me on most of the semi-private/public courses that are in above average condition.

I'd pay over $85 a few times a year to play the more well-known courses, or the ones that are in the top 100 course list, and top end of the state.

Anything over $100, would be a special treat for myself, and would be around 1 round a year.

So what are you willing to spend on a round of golf?

+1---I've paid $100 once. Gold Mountain Dinosaur Course, Mesa Az. Jan 10th peak season. Worth it. Yes played alone on at twilight rate on a beautiful course.

Good to know it's around the average.. I've played a top 100 course, a private joint that only allows 3 days of resort guest to play, and it runs $140 plus a caddie.

I paid $85 and it was well, well worth it.

My normal 2-4 course rotation are around $45-55 on the weekend, prime time, and are in great manicured shape. Anything more than that, and I wouldn't be able to justify 1-2 rounds rounds a week like I do.

I paid $65 last week for a "used to be" private joint. Horrible course conditions, jack-ass members, ect... I felt completely ripped off, considering it was more than I normally pay, and far, far less enjoyable to play.

Ignoring the last comment, I think the price around $30-$40 is alright to pay. I've never paid more than $100 though, and it would be quite a treat for me these days...

we golf all year round here, and have shoulder rates, summer rates,sunrise, etc.

typically though, summer,primetime, average $50.

Being that I wait tables, I work on the weekends, and only have a couple weekdays off, so I generally pay between $22 and $30 for 18 on what I'd describe as "decent" courses. The most I've paid though is right around $40, due to it being on a weekend.

I'm hoping once I start getting my money from the G.I. Bill I can afford to play once a week :)

I pay as little as $10 & have paid as much as $105, that was for Erin Hills. The typical rd is $25-35 including a cart. I will pay $50-60 a couple times a year for a really nice course.

I live in a tourist trap so in season pretty much any decent 18-hole course is going to run you $65 to $110 unless you play after 3:00.

We travel to play quite a bit. Only places I would pay top dollar to play would be Pinehurst #2, Bethpage, Pebble beach, the real historic courses. That being said, most of our courses run me $20 to play around here, as our club has reciprocal agreements with most of the other courses. I did pay $42 to play Cutter Creek last Saturday. It is a nice course, but I would not spend the $$$ to play it much. It is just not worth it to me. When we go to Myrtle Beach for vacation in the summer, the most I'll pay for around is $60 tops. There are just to many decent courses around to pay a lot to play golf here.

I pay as little as $10 & have paid as much as $105, that was for Erin Hills. The typical rd is $25-35 including a cart. I will pay $50-60 a couple times a year for a really nice course.

Pretty much where i stand....i'm also in the same general area as WG

I pay $25 just for the cart fee.......and that is per person.:eek: That's why I walk after 3:00.

I will generally pay up to around $60-80 on weekends, for a round dependent upon the course. That seemed to be the going rate for the nicer course in the area we used to live. Up here likely less, as I do have a membership and can get a reciprocal to many of the courses for the cost of a cart fee or up to about $30 for some fairly nice courses. I will pay up to $100 for rare treats, and when we travel and while on vacation, I will generally go up as high as $150 if that is what the relative price is in the are for a really nice course.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520