• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What's wrong at your golf club

charnockpro

Reaction score
Being a Director of golf i am always amazed at the different things people criticize the owners/managers of a golf club for doing.

It would be interesting to know what people think their local course could do to improve from any perspective.

Please discuss at length

Have a better website with a schedule of upcoming events. Nothing pisses me off more than some "tournament" popping up when I wanted to squeeze in a round. If I could just check the site and see what's going on that day, it would be easier for all. Another is obviously slow play. This is just a difficult issue. I understand that I'm only paying a $22 resident rate and those older guys and wives are paying nearly $50 each with the carts. Fot the most part they are a good course, maintainence is top notch and they always go out of their way to get me on as a single. I'm getting a great deal so I can't complain too much.

Maybe a portable crapper out somewhere on the course would be good too. The course is a 1933 Donald Ross in the middle of the city. It is surrounded by an elementry school, middle school and RI College, as well as private residences. Going in the woods is just not a good idea when you are in the middle of the front or back.

Please discuss at length

Funny you should bring that up... at 6000 yards, my club is way too short. Been trying to get my buddies to switch for the past 2 years, but they like it there

Being a Director of golf i am always amazed at the different things people criticize the owners/managers of a golf club for doing.

If you can solve this problem, you'll be taking Dr. Phil's show in the afternoon. You know the one Warbird watches.:D

You must know Dr Phil to reference it as well!!!. It is just an interesting piece of market research and hearing other peoples grumbles!!

If you can solve this problem, you'll be taking Dr. Phil's show in the afternoon. You know the one Warbird watches.:D

mont86

Who's Dr. Phil? I'm golfing in the afternoon if I'm not working!!!:D

The course is excellent. The greenkeepers have it in top condition and continue to work on it over the winter.

The club, however, is a different story. As a junior, I'm not allowed win weekend competitions. If I beat all the men in the competition I get a 'Junior' prize, instead of the main one. This is grossly unfair IMO.

I'm with Ez on the tournament schedule. Put it online or something and have it updated daily.

I also think that marshalls should have more a presence, and that starts at the top. Complaints about slow play and idiocy on the course are because of neglect and laziness. If you see someone being a jackass and there's a full hole ahead of them, stop them on the next tee and keep the flow.

There's NOTHING worse than slow play. Nothing. I understand people that aren't as skilled, or are just learning the game, but slow play is something that has to be instilled from day one - there is no place for it on the course.

Learn the rules before bringing it to the course, and respect everyone around you at the same time. You won't be shunned because of your game, you'll be praised for being courteous.

But when this doesn't happen, the marshalls have to be on this. Chop chop.

R35

My biggest complaint is the marshalls, get some that do there job, speed up the play, watch out for idiots that steal balls. Most of the courses I have played on they just sit there and do nothing in there carts.

Only put out foursomes, no freaking fivesomes, and no threesomes. Unless of course it is absolutely slow.

My problem is i am the only commitee member people seem to gripe to they say its because i listen and try to fix the problems.The only thing is the other commitee members have been there since the club was opened and are set in there ways.
The handicaping is a standing joke and a lot of members are considering leaving which would be a real shame.I have thought of taking over as handicap secretary but i have a young family and i just dont think i have the time.We have had people win comps and not get cut and win again the next month.But then at the agm only 15 members turned up to vote. The problem is the members moan but arent willing to put any effort in to improve things hence the poor turn out at the agm.

My club, North Manchester need to improve the practice facilities. We have quite a large practice area at the front of our club house. It has 2 small greens which you can pitch onto from 120 yards or less. These greens don't play anything like the greens on the course there much more receptive and you can get back spin even in summer. The greens on the course play much firmer and your lucky to get check never mind back spin in summer. Also the putting green is very small with only 9 holes cut, which they never move around. The green is on a slope and you know all the breaks with out having to read them as there the same everyweek. The practice bunker is also a waste of time. It has different sand to that on the course and is twice as deep as most bunkers on the course and isn't next to a green.

I play/Work at a semi-private Resort course and they dont even have a driving range. Just a spot between 2 fairways were you can hit some irons, if you dont mind waiting for people that are witin 150 yards of one of the greens on a hole parralell to the 'practice area'

The putting green is very small (3 holes cut)

It's a 9 hole course so it gets ALOT of play in the summer. They dont change the holes enough, or bring out the trap king and smooth all the bunkers.

Being a junior, i cant compete in many weeked comps. like EMC. This absolutley pisses me off since i can beat 90% of the player out there.

BUT they have realy been improveing the course latley, and i'm very impressed with what they have done. (rock removel from fairways, cutting some trees so u can see a lake beside a hole better, adding some more fairway bunkers, fixing the huge dranage problems.)

My home course: This one Marshall, total a-hole. He talks during swings, gave me solely grief for being slow when it was everyone else in my group.

The easiest course in town: I am simply amazed how there can be no more people at this course, even less, and it always takes at least an hour to get off as a single, whereas almost every other course it's never more than 1/2 hour. Of course, the fact that they never put me with threesomes must be part of it...

My biggest complaint is the marshalls, get some that do there job, speed up the play, watch out for idiots that steal balls. Most of the courses I have played on they just sit there and do nothing in there carts.

Only put out foursomes, no freaking fivesomes, and no threesomes. Unless of course it is absolutely slow.

Ditto!!!!!!

The easiest course in town: I am simply amazed how there can be no more people at this course, even less, and it always takes at least an hour to get off as a single, whereas almost every other course it's never more than 1/2 hour. Of course, the fact that they never put me with threesomes must be part of it...

Why dont you call the Pro Shop and ask what the best time would be to get out as a single.

It makes it much easier on the people in the pro shop if they know you're coming, and can tell you when you will probably be able to get out solo rather than just show up and expect to play pronto.

speaking from personal experiance..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422