• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Where is Mats going??

Louie_T07

Reaction score
For my 100th thred posting I wanted it to be about something important. So I wanted to know what everyone thinks about where Mats Sundin is going?? He's expected to make his decision either tomorrow or Friday and its down to two teams. The New York Rangers and Vancouver Canucks.

It sounded like he's probably going to choose the Rangers because they have the best chance at a Cup run, but they also have to clear some cap space before bringing him on board. Either team would benefit from his services, but as of now only Mats knows who he's going to pick...

He'll end up in Vancouver, realistically, with him they'll have a better chance at the cup than the Rangers will (as long as our defense stays healthy and Luongo gets back sooner than later).

Plus, NY will have so much trouble getting the cap space. They'll need to unload either Mikael Rosival or Wade Redden, both of whom are making wayyyy too much but have long term contracts that tie them up and make them both almost impossible to trade...

I hope he goes to the Canucks too. For more than one reason actually. One being the fact its another Canadian team and although I live only a few minutes down the 401 from Toronto so am forced into cheering for the Leafs via association. I cheer for all the Canadian teams and Vancouver has a very exciting team this year in my eyes at least. Another being that Mats is a perfct choice to take over for Linden in their dressing room. Finally if Mats is on the west coast, he only gets to make our poor Leafs look bad a few times unlike the Rangers who play us on a more regular basis.

It seems to me that the Rangers have a pretty good offer on the table and one that Mats is definately considering, but you're right, they will have a hard time I think making space for him under the cap. The sports writers seem to think it could be done though, so we'll see!!

1- told ya.

2- Sundin will come NO WHERE CLOSE EVER EVER EVER to what Linden is and was to the Canucks, their dressing room, the organization and to us the devoted Canuck fans, Sundin won't even get a comparison to Linden.

3- Sundin might not even get a letter, but wouldn't be surprised if they gave him an "A", but they wont take it away from Ohlund, if it goes to him, it will come off of Kesler or Mitchell. Sundin WILL NOT get the "C". That is Luongo's and will stay his.

1- told ya.

2- Sundin will come NO WHERE CLOSE EVER EVER EVER to what Linden is and was to the Canucks, their dressing room, the organization and to us the devoted Canuck fans, Sundin won't even get a comparison to Linden.

3- Sundin might not even get a letter, but wouldn't be surprised if they gave him an "A", but they wont take it away from Ohlund, if it goes to him, it will come off of Kesler or Mitchell. Sundin WILL NOT get the "C". That is Luongo's and will stay his.

1- yes you called it, there's no need to brag! :D I wanted him going to the Canucks too.

2- I don't want to see Sundin being compared to Linden, I was simply agreeing with what was said on the television. Sundin is a leader and there is no denying that. He may not be what Linden was to the Canuck faithful, but he will leave his own impression on the team in the absence of Linden this is a fact. He wouldn't have been so sought after if he wasn't thought to be an asset to the organization.

3- I don't think it would even matter to him if he was given a letter or not. He clearly just wants to get back into the game. I think he can still contribute and he obviously does as well. They'd never take Luongo's C that was a unique and wise decision on the team's part. He'll probably wear that C for a long time in Vancouver, or at least till he's a free agent.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520