• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Will there ever be another european major champ?

charnockpro

US Masters,Augusta National: Casey maybe, too long for Donald etc..

I think the only one we have a chance of regaining is the Open @ Carnasty (Carnoustie) as this was the scene of our last euro triumph! Paul Lawrie ! Paul Flamin Lawrie, no disrespect to the guy but he has hardly set the world on fire since has he?

We have plenty of potential, but not much conversion to Major champ

if Sergio could work out what a putter is for outside of the Ryder Cup you'd have yourself one right there no problem. Luke Donald has the kind of game that could win a US Open (though maybe not the temperament yet). I thought there'd never be another Australian major champ for a while there. I think it's just a matter of time.

Like yourself I beleive that if Garcia was a better putter he would win a major or two but as we all know in the majors putting is one off the key factors. For that reason I don't think he will ever win a major championship. I hope I am wrong!!

A couple or 3 seasons ago I thought Harrington would break through. He seemed to be knocking on the door of the Majors. I also thought Bjorn had the game to win one of the big ones if his game clicked on the right week but at this point in time time my money would go on Casey or Howell as our best chances!

gobber

Stenson
Casey
Howell
Clarke
Westwood
Donald
Garcia
Harrington

These are such a great bunch og golfers one will win at some point.Not sure Stenson is straight enough for the US Open but the Masters has his name on it,HOWEVER,he does charge his putts a bit.Maybe Howell is good enough on the greens to win at Augusta

I'd put money on Casey winning the masters eventually. He hits the ball high which you have to do round Augusta.

I just have a feeling that the next euro winner will be another Paul Lawrie type - and wont come from the premium zone of euro players - Peter Hanson, Edfors, McDowell or actually Lawrie himself - scene of past glories does have an inspirational effect on some ..

US Masters: Casey, Stenson, even Donald finished T3 there on his debut

US Open: Harrington, Monty still has a shot, Howell and Garcia

Open: Clarke, Westwood, Garcia,

USPGA: This is Donald's best shot IMO, Harrington again, pretty much any of the Europeans for that one

I'll bet you $27 that Sergio Garcia NEVER wins a major in his career.

You heard it here first.

R35

What's the significance of $27 Rock .. got yer eye on a potential ho ? :D ... for what it's worth I agree with ya ...

Nah. Just a random number.

Sergio does not have the mental edge, nor the consistency to win a major.

He'll win the odd John Deere or the Greater Spanish Invitational, but he'll never be a major champion.

R35

Nah. Just a random number.

Sergio does not have the mental edge, nor the consistency to win a major.

He'll win the odd John Deere or the Greater Spanish Invitational, but he'll never be a major champion.

R35
I think he will, he just needs to be 3 or 4 shots back of someone not named Tiger and he'll just catch fire. From the final group Sunday, very doubtful

I would go with Stenson as a possibility to win a major. He has a nice swing and he is a pretty good putter. He reminds me alot of Ogilvy in his consistancy and steady approach to the game. I was very impressed with Fischers play in Dubbai and probably has the best chance of any Englishman if he can keep developing.

There are others on the EuroTour who might win but none of them are European.

I find it a bit confusing to remember which tour players like Els, Goosen, Immelman would be counted as playing on. Immelman especially has the game to win a major. I think that most people would put all of these on the PGA tour though, even though they are high in merit on the EuroTour atm.

Rock, make the bet $35 dollers as it will signify Sergio's putting average at the majors. Its also the reason your bet is a lock :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?