• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Woods Not Catching Nicklaus' Major Record

I think this year is Tiger's do or die year. If he doesn't take a major out of it, Jack's record is safe.

I would tend to agree.

His record may be safe but I'm not writing off Tiger yet.
I think it will be Tiger 'stripped bare'. Much less fanfare till he starts winning. The limelight will be on McIlroy and Speith, and to a slightly lesser extent, Stenson and Scott.

The critics will be writing Tiger off. Comments such as a "shadow of his former self" will be common. So Tiger will be grinding away without the fanfare and hopefully (for him) he plays himself into some devastating form.

I suppose the risk then will be that inevitably the media will latch on to him as if they never doubted him. Cue the uber-hype; which may be a 'major-distraction' from his 'major-hunt'.

I think it will be Tiger 'stripped bare'. Much less fanfare till he starts winning. The limelight will be on McIlroy and Speith, and to a slightly lesser extent, Stenson and Scott.

The critics will be writing Tiger off. Comments such as a "shadow of his former self" will be common. So Tiger will be grinding away without the fanfare and hopefully (for him) he plays himself into some devastating form.

I suppose the risk then will be that inevitably the media will latch on to him as if they never doubted him. Cue the uber-hype; which may be a 'major-distraction' from his 'major-hunt'.
If anybody can handle distractions, it's tiger.

Funny how a guy can drop to basically half of his former performance, and still basically keep up with the best in the world.

Pretty much just shows how good he really was. It's like driving 90 on the interstate and then going 60 on a rural highway. 60 feels like you're crawling...but in actuality you're still going pretty fast.

Funny how a guy can drop to basically half of his former performance, and still basically keep up with the best in the world.

Pretty much just shows how good he really was. It's like driving 90 on the interstate and then going 60 on a rural highway. 60 feels like you're crawling...but in actuality you're still going pretty fast.
His last 5 yrs alone have been a good career for a lot of guys.

^^^this. He balanced wife, kids, travel, 15 mistresses and still won. He'll be fine!

.... and he was forced to move this on in a garage sale. Although I expect the purchase price would've been fairly high ...

elin-nordegren_179898-1600x1200.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35