• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Yardage Boost

I'm amazed no one has said this:

The ground is harder!!! Of course your drives are going to go further, as said, the ground is harder. Same with irons.

Also, it depends on the time of the day you play. Get out and play as the sun is coming up, won't go as far. :p

I'm amazed no one has said this:

The ground is harder!!! Of course your drives are going to go further, as said, the ground is harder. Same with irons.

Also, it depends on the time of the day you play. Get out and play as the sun is coming up, won't go as far. :p

Actually Jeff, the ground is softer. Been so much rain lately. All carry and absolutely no roll at all, my ball is staying in its divot:p

Actually Jeff, the ground is softer. Been so much rain lately. All carry and absolutely no roll at all, my ball is staying in its divot:p

Logic does not apply to Canadians, they can't comprehend it.

Anyway, I'm not sure. Conventional logic can't explain it. Rain=more moisture in the air=less ball flight. Cold=more dormant particles in the air=less ball flight.

I don't know, maybe you're just stupid.

Logic does not apply to Canadians, they can't comprehend it.

Anyway, I'm not sure. Conventional logic can't explain it. Rain=more moisture in the air=less ball flight. Cold=more dormant particles in the air=less ball flight.

I don't know, maybe you're just stupid.

=Hence yardage BOOST. If im hitting just as far/bit further in these conditions (wet=no carry, moisture in air=less ball flight, cold=more dormant particles in the air=less ball flight).

Think aboot that one there ya yank.:D

=Hence yardage BOOST. If im hitting just as far/bit further in these conditions (wet=no carry, moisture in air=less ball flight, cold=more dormant particles in the air=less ball flight).

Think aboot that one there ya yank.:D

Bottom line bud;

Cold air = less distance
High humidity = less distance

High elevation = more distance
80* sunny = more distance

How come nobody understands me today? Im agreeing??? Hence yardage boost since im hitting farther DESPITE the cold and evrything i just mentioned?

This happens to me every spring and I look forward to it every spring but im worried that one spring nothing will have changed.

Well, look forward to losing the distance in summer, ya canuck!

Piper I'm with you. I live in Portland and the ball does not fly as far in winter plus no roll. I grew up in New Mexico and Jeff doesn't understand that in some climates the ground doesn't dry up and freeze and the grass does not go dormant. In Portland winter golf is all about carry 'cause you get not roll. My dad still lives in New Mexico and I get the same responses that Jeff said to you and his reality is a basis for his comments on my game. Like my dad talks about holding greens in the winter; sh!t I have plugged balls on the greens in Portland.

I also am getting longer during the winter. I think it is more for me that I am getting a better more effecient swing.

Featured Reviews

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kodehene1