• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

You ever have one of those days

I'm with PA...the only time i get 30 yards mroe than i want is when i blade a wedge....

That has to be the most helpless feeling in golf to me. I put the monster drive or perfect lay up out there only to hit a 150 yard bullet when I meant to hit an 80 yard floater.

Had one of those once and then woke up.

yep.......a few months ago we played a real nice course in north Georgia....I dont know if it was the change in altitude or what...but I was hitting my irons 15-20 yards farther than normal...I usually hit my pw 100 yards, and was hitting it 120 all day.....Go figure :confused:

Off to men's night in a bit and what i assume will be a disappointing return to normal.

i had the same thing happen to me last week... except that it was only with my wedges.. normal lob wedge for me is 60-75 yards but last week it was more like 85-100..but that was all... could not get off the tee box with any woods or driver... so i started hitting 3 hybrid which is normally good from 200-230

Yes...today I made par on the first four holes...never had four consecutive pars before much less the first four holes...could hit nothing wrong for that stretch....good feeling, will remember that it can happen...

Today was one of those for myself, was bombing everything & hitting a lot of GIR's. One hole was a 457 yd par 5 dogleg I carried the corner with my driver for 230 or so yards. Was looking at a 225 yd shot to hit the green in 2. Pulled out my 3 w which is usually good for no more than 215 yds tops. Wouldn't you know it but I actually overshot the green & ended up in the bunker on the back right side. Had to chip out & then 2 putt for a par, but damn was that a nice 2nd shot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520

3. 15,300