• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Your Cell Debate...

So I guess in the end, we all agree that if a-holes wouldn't abuse the stupid thing, we'd all have one big, warm, sweaty, group hug?

Cause that's the only reason I'm still around.

You mean, for the sweaty hug?

Sick, dude...:laugh:

R35

You thought I posted over 4,000 times just for the heck of it?

Sweaty hugs make me :)

I agree with Rock BECAUSE of Rock (and Lyle to some degree). When this started, I truly thought Rock was 100% against a phone on the course at all. Having posted in/read all 3, I've figured out that actually he's not much different from me. He is fine with them managed well (set to vibrate/off during play, check for messages at the turn or when held up, don't use them until you're off the course) as long as you don't interrupt his round. By keeping these debate's alive, I've seen him "evolve", so to speak...hehe.

Geez, I never thought I'd defend Rock AND agree with him in one post....;)

I asked the same question to Rock and Lyle back at the start of the debate and both said zero cell phones. No if you can manage it policy. I don't think Rock ever said that he would tolerate the cell if managed properly.

I asked the same question to Rock and Lyle back at the start of the debate and both said zero cell phones. No if you can manage it policy. I don't think Rock ever said that he would tolerate the cell if managed properly.

I didn't, as I pointed out, the opportunity is there, so it will always be abused because of it.

But reality keeps me in check that there are an outnumbering amount of people that love the idea of people talking on their phones during a round, so I guess I'll just have to conform.

R35

But reality keeps me in check that there are an outnumbering amount of people that love the idea of people talking on their phones during a round, so I guess I'll just have to conform.

R35

Before I disagreed with you, but at least I respected you for being resolute.

:biglol:

Before I disagreed with you, but at least I respected you for being resolute.

:biglol:

I think my last post reeked of sarcasm.

Or maybe it reeked of sweaty hug.;)

R35

Preferably the latter.

Ha, ha, ha. Just when you thought it was buried. :laugh:

Guess who I played with today? The Napster was back in action, his 1st round back. How ironic is it that we show up as singles at the exact same time on a random Mon. morning? Seems like possibly more than just irony to me. We had a great time. He gives me little tips, today was to just stay connected. Finally I got it and striped 2 nearly 280 on the last 2 holes. He has a thing about "borrowing" other guys clubs on the par 3's. So on the last 200yarder he grabs my TP 5W.... I go for his 1 iron. Neither of us did very well. He plugged into the side of the creek just before the front fringe, I overcut a little punch fade and was lucky the right bunker sucked it up.

It was good to see him back out there, just like always. The guy knows everyone... I must have heard 50 whistles and "Hey Nap!!" during the round. Great guy and I sure am glad he's healthy and back out there enjoying the game.

That's pretty cool Ezra.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424