• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Full circle/eating crow/idiot

Re the OP, couldn't agree more. Love my putter. If it was stolen I'd go out and buy another one. Short game is so important. Every time I go to my local range, there they are - the buffoons all endlessly pounding away with their driver. In my last two visits, I didn't even touch my woods. More interested in working on irons and iron play.

It will be the day that I buy any club worrying about future value. I play golf, not hang it on my wall.

I know that doesn't strike a chord with Scotty collectors who just hide them in the closet. But that's my feelings on the subject. To each their own.

R35
How many putters have you bought in the last five years? When you sold them, how much did you lose? I don't buy stuff to play based on resale either, but for those of us who buy a new putter, driver or irons each year as ho's it's nice to have a club you don't lose 80% on.

I will buy stuff to flip or stuff I'm just looking to try based on resale though.

They're made in Chinese sweatshops where tyrannical masters whip the children with rusty chains that have nails welded to it.

Enjoy your "Scotty."
Everything is made that way these days, even most likely the underwear I am wearing.

Until the Chinese stand up and say "enough" that's just how it's going to be and how we wound up with unions. How's that working? ;)

How many putters have you bought in the last five years? When you sold them, how much did you lose? I don't buy stuff to play based on resale either, but for those of us who buy a new putter, driver or irons each year as ho's it's nice to have a club you don't lose 80% on.

I will buy stuff to flip or stuff I'm just looking to try based on resale though.

I still have all the putters I have bought in the last five years except one - and I sold that to a member here who was looking for one. Otherwise, it would still be in my extra bag in the basement.

And, I almost never buy new. Always a year later or used. Hard to get hurt buying a putter for 40% of what retail was on it only 10 months before.

You buy new irons, drivers and a putter every year?

R35

I still have all the putters I have bought in the last five years except one - and I sold that to a member here who was looking for one. Otherwise, it would still be in my extra bag in the basement.

And, I almost never buy new. Always a year later or used. Hard to get hurt buying a putter for 40% of what retail was on it only 10 months before.

You buy new irons, drivers and a putter every year?

R35

No, but I very rarely lose money on buying clubs either. And you must be more of a club hoarder than club ho.

I like the fact that if I buy a Scotty and don't like it, most people are almost certain to get at least 80% of what they paid for it. No other club can say that regardless of it was bought new or a year later.

I don't hoard clubs. I just buy what works for my swing. I don't have many leftovers.

As for putters, I have a few different models of the same head design. Again, I am attracted to what works with my swing. I'm not throwing darts at the catalogue hoping this is the one every spring. My purchases (now) are mostly meticulously scrutinized. I'm not one to pull stuff out of left field on a whim much anymore.

R35

It will be the day that I buy any club worrying about future value. I play golf, not hang it on my wall.

I know that doesn't strike a chord with Scotty collectors who just hide them in the closet. But that's my feelings on the subject. To each their own.

R35
Says the man selling a never played Bettinardi package in the classifieds. :D

Never thought I see the day you went high-end putter, but then again, I never thought that I would not hit a golf ball in a six year period.

I am a bit of a putter Ho, myself, but here is not a putter in my closet that has not been used. I have a few Scotties, but not one that was bought at retail nor one that would be considered a wall hanger. I found my ideal putting style back in 2007 and have not strayed from putters designed for that style since. 33" face balanced putters. Even when my game was sinking faster than the Titanic, my putting and short game was still better than average.

What putter is next on the list, Rock?:D

Says the man selling a never played Bettinardi package in the classifieds. :D

Never thought I see the day you went high-end putter, but then again, I never thought that I would not hit a golf ball in a six year period.

I am a bit of a putter Ho, myself, but here is not a putter in my closet that has not been used. I have a few Scotties, but not one that was bought at retail nor one that would be considered a wall hanger. I found my ideal putting style back in 2007 and have not strayed from putters designed for that style since. 33" face balanced putters. Even when my game was sinking faster than the Titanic, my putting and short game was still better than average.

What putter is next on the list, Rock?:D

Well, in my defence, my plan was never to game this thing. And, I never did. None of the stuff in that add, short of the marker, has been gamed.

I have an Odyssey in the stable that isn't going anywhere for a while.

That said, I do like to look at what's out there. Most of it I just immediately dismiss, as I am either not interested in it based on price, or it's not my bag aesthetically.

R35

Well, in my defence, my plan was never to game this thing. And, I never did.

R35

...said many of those Cameron collectors you railed against. :D

"It will be the day that I buy any club worrying about future value. I play golf, not hang it on my wall.

R35"

...said many of those Cameron collectors you railed against. :D

"It will be the day that I buy any club worrying about future value. I play golf, not hang it on my wall.

R35"
All the crap he gave me about buying a Scotty and liking the fact that it holds its value if I don't like it.... What do I see in the classifieds? LOL!

Again, I put all this together to sell to a collector.I purchased it when the height of the Canadian Dollar was on par with the USD. It was never a serious attempt to knock my Odyssey out of the bag. I meticulously hand picked most of this stuff in order to sell it at a profit, dictated by the declining CDN peso.

At the end of the day, it won't be in my possession, I'll make some money and that was the goal from day one.

Retail on that package would be around $1700USD+. If you muppets want a solid putter that will hold it's value, here's your chance to step up to the plate. :D

R35

Again, I put all this together to sell to a collector.I purchased it when the height of the Canadian Dollar was on par with the USD. It was never a serious attempt to knock my Odyssey out of the bag. I meticulously hand picked most of this stuff in order to sell it at a profit, dictated by the declining CDN peso.

At the end of the day, it won't be in my possession, I'll make some money and that was the goal from day one.

Retail on that package would be around $1700USD+. If you muppets want a solid putter that will hold it's value, here's your chance to step up to the plate. :D

R35
Geez...I feel like I'm at WRX...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427