• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Google Earth Photos....

usa- howd you get onto the 17th at sawgrass?!?!?

Did the one you hit the green stay on?

Back in the day, I worked for a big brewery based out of St. Louis, and specifically Sports Marketing for the Michelob Brand. We followed the PGA Tour and Senior Tour from city to city. I've been to more than 75 tournaments...

So, after the The Players one Sunday.... we were parked in the area, had cleaned up our gear/exhibit. The place was deserted except for a few maintenance guys, and some people who hung around for about 90 minutes after the event, we took about a dozen balls, and some short irons we had back with our Michelob stuff, jumped the rope, walked right up to the tee the players used that Sunday, and hit a few shots each.

We had some pretty sweet PGA Tour Credentials (money clips similar to what the players have on their belts/caps) which got us anywhere.. clubhouse, any tent, etc.... so I doubt that there would have been a HUGE problem had someone wandered by, but it still felt a little wrong.

Yes, my first ball hit and stayed on. It was an easy 8 iron. One of the other guys had the 9.

Whey you are on the tee.... the green is a miniscule little "slliver" of land. The water is enormous.

It's really hard to describe... the green just seems so tiny it is unbelievable.

So, that Sunday, the last shot hit on 17 was NOT by the last pairing of the day.... :laugh:

This is one of the coolest threads ever.

Here's my ACE hole:
awww_hookedongolfblog_com_gallery2_main_php_e69b7ca57a25177c17440a8545d9670b.

Here's my house in relation to the golf course. My house is 115 yards from the 1st tee!
awww_hookedongolfblog_com_gallery2_main_php_8308c3d1d687ff810ae0f2366a221ed6.

a punch sw to the first tee....

i hate you.:D

Can I come visit?:)

Those are some long pokes, gentlemen.... except for Ezra. He played the day the course was all burnt out like in the photo. Even when you hit a drive about three grooves too low, and carry it about 190 (with the ball never higher than about 20 feet in the air) it will still roll the remaining 140... LOL.

Definitely a winter picture, or they forgot to pay the water bill for about three months!

I carried it there.
icon10.gif
Not! I can carry one about 265-270 if I come off the ground... I was on a monitor with a Callaway rep carrying 262 with a 113mph SS, pretty much all out.

Check out this monster. This is the course I played with Twofast on Fri. Hopefully we'll be going for a rematch on Mon. This thing is sick off the tips. That's the par 3 9hole course over on the right. They give you a few short par 4's on the back then smack you with this par 5 and 460 uphill 4 to finish.

The yardage box didn't come up but it's 645 on that line to the middle of the green. I attempted to hit driver off the deck on Fri., pretty well pointless as I was probably still 370 out. lol. Twofast and I were dead even within inches on our drives. We outdrove the guys playing with us by nearly 100 yds. lol.

swanseamonster.jpg
swanseamonster.jpg

That's the swansea course you guys played Ez?

How far am I from RI here.... Once I get a freakin car ill make the trip one weekend and i'll come join you and twofast for a round!:)

Yeah, that's the Swansea one. Hey, what I'd really, really like to do is get together with one of the NY guys and go to Bethpage Black. I'm dying to get on that course. Twofast might have to get a day off of church. :laugh:

We could just get a cheap hotel nearby just to crash for the night and meet up. It's only about 3.5 hrs. from Twofast and I. Shouldn't be much more than that for you either. Super 8 would only be about $20 a piece but someone would have to sleep on the floor. :laugh:

Crazy hole?

Ezra....

Go back up to the photo you posted from your round with twofast... the photo with the monster hole.

What the hell is the hole in the BOTTOM-LEFT of the photo. It's certainly a 90 degee dogleg hole, but what do you hit off the tee? 9 Iron, then 4 iron to the green?

Obviously, you cut the corner with the driver, and certainly come up short of where the cart path crosses the fairway, but that looks like a crazy hole....

Yeah, that's a 396yd. extreme dogleg right. Pic doesn't do it justice, those trees are hanging way out and very tall. I can cut the sharpest 3w you've ever seen but no chance on that hole without getting up over the treeline first. Last round I hit a cut 5 that was pured and perfect. I didn't check my yardage and should have hit 6iron. I tried to hit another cut 5 and pulled it into the lateral hazard. That hole lost the match. Twofast tried to hit his 19* hybrid and clipped the branches, punched out and with 210 in on his 3rd and hit the green with the 19*.

1st time we played there I hoisted a fade driver over everthing into the fairway and had a 9in. That's a risk though, I was setup with my body one way and my clubface the other.

Check out the hole before that in the pic. That's a 229yd. par 3 that sets up draw. That's a tough hole. Now you see why we have trouble getting under 90 here?
icon10.gif
I should be able to do it no problem playing conservatively but too many holes just beg for some Micklesonesque heroics. lol. This ain't the 116 slope track you can hit driver-wedge from the other fairway.

doglegswansesa.jpg
doglegswansesa.jpg

Yeah, that's the Swansea one. Hey, what I'd really, really like to do is get together with one of the NY guys and go to Bethpage Black. I'm dying to get on that course. Twofast might have to get a day off of church. :laugh:

We could just get a cheap hotel nearby just to crash for the night and meet up. It's only about 3.5 hrs. from Twofast and I. Shouldn't be much more than that for you either. Super 8 would only be about $20 a piece but someone would have to sleep on the floor. :laugh:

Im definately up for that! I think we should somehow get onto the black course and play from the tips! Give this Tiger vs. Me debate a spanking, ill walk back to every PGA tee box they have out there still:D haha.

As soon as I can get an effing car i'll let ya know, that would be a crazy weekend:)

I vote on low 2 scores get the beds!:laugh:

We played Bethpage Black when we were working out on the Tour through a connection we had at the Senior Tour Event on Long Island. Sick, Sick course. But a LOT of fun. I think I had an 89. We did not play from the tips (the two guys I played with would still be out there if we did) but we played from what would be considered the "blues."

So long even from there. And the walks from green to the next tee box is usually quite a hike......

I'll try to get some GE photos next time I'm online....

This is one of the coolest threads ever.

Here's my ACE hole:
awww_hookedongolfblog_com_gallery2_main_php_e69b7ca57a25177c17440a8545d9670b.

Here's my house in relation to the golf course. My house is 115 yards from the 1st tee!
awww_hookedongolfblog_com_gallery2_main_php_8308c3d1d687ff810ae0f2366a221ed6.

Hey man nice hole in one, you play that course often i presume ?

Here is my home course (for now anyways), it's about a 1/2 mile away from my house, and it's a 9 hole course. This must be an hold picture, because 2 of the water hazards are not in the picture.

ai18.photobucket.com_albums_b150_Hitman065_Golf_BaumholderCourse.jpg

Looks like a nice course Hitman.:)

I like it, it's not bad for a 9 hole course. As you can see it's very open, good for beginners, or bad depending on how you look at it. I am actually moving next Monday, so I will probably only play this course one more time. I am moving from Baumholder Germany to Ft Sill OK. The nice thing about Ft Sill is there are 2 18 hole courses on post, and 3 18 hole courses in the town of Lawton, just right off post. So as far as golfing goes, there is a little more variety.

My first and only eagle... 3rd hole at my home course... Decent drive then holed a pitch with a sand wedge... Hole plays harder than it's length suggests...

stnichs3rdxo8.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520