• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Nice little level par for 16 holes. Finished with two bogies which was disappointing but 3 birds was good. 24 putts for 16. Driver going well on a shortened course. Might win me a turkey. Will have to wait and see! Happy golfing these days!
Nice shooting Mark!

Cloudy, overcast, 15 mph wind. Wanted to get one more round in before I head back to work. This time of year, don't know when it could be a few weeks before weather allows you to play another game. Struggled from the get-go. I'm in one of those funks where you can feel like you are hitting the ball well and not score. Or, you can fell like you are hitting nothing well and "junk out" an okay number on the card. Today was the latter. Couldn't hit anything well. Still slogged along to an 84. Felt like it should have been a 94.

Three of us. My cart partner struggled to an even 90. But, his goal on every round is 89. Sometimes he's there. Most times it's in the lower 90's.

The son-in-law had his round of the year. On the front, he carded 9 straight pars... 36. Started birdie, birdie on the back. As we walked up to 18 tee box, he needed a par for a 69. The pressure got to him. Bad drive and he carded a bogey. 70 made his day, though. The highlight of the round was #16. That is the #2 handicap hole on the course. A tough par 4 that has lots of trouble left or right and a deep sand trap right in front of the green. He was a little right off the tee, just in the first cut of rough. When he hit his approach iron, we heard him say "Be right!". Ball hit once on the green and rolled in the cup for an eagle.

36/34 for a (-2) 70!!!

In all fairness it was a scramble with my 12 year old. Overcast and chilly today, had several balls hit center of the green and bounce/roll off instead of checking up.

We are in the middle of a drought and actually a state of emergency for the drought. It showed as the tee boxes were hard as a rock!

Was a fun day and after we finished we were treated to chili and hot chocolate.

What a round!

Parred the first, then stepped up on two and buried my tee shot into a bank about 70 yards away. Didn't finish the hole. Outside that I was +1 for the rest of the round. Very mild for December with hardly a breath. The course is shortened as well so not playing too hard.

Enjoying the game again! I've shot about 6 good rounds in a row now.

Parred the first, then stepped up on two and buried my tee shot into a bank about 70 yards away. Didn't finish the hole. Outside that I was +1 for the rest of the round. Very mild for December with hardly a breath. The course is shortened as well so not playing too hard.

Well done!!!

70 yards?? Heck! That's a good drive for us old guys!!! :>) Glad you are making the game fun again.

30 degrees, spitting a little icy mist as we teed off this morning. Not fully over my bad cold, wife isn't too happy I even played. 43/38 = 81. 3 birdies today. I don't have 3 birds in a round when the weather is nice!!! Sitting in my recliner, under a blanket, watching football. Trying to get feeling back in my cold body without letting the wife know I'm suffering!!!!!!!

Rolled a 38 and a 39 at Schoolhouse 9 today. Very Happy since I was using vintage clubs and have not played in almost a month. I used Sam Snead Champ Irons 3 through 9, Wilson Sandy Andy SW and a Wilson Augusta Brass Bullseye.

Let me tell you it is a different game with these irons. Leading edge is a knife! Nutted a 4 iron on the final hole (167 yards) an 2 putted for a par. Great way to end the round! Good times.

IMG_0655.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427