• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

3 day golf with Dad has sadly come to an end.

Day 1: 78 with 31 putts
Day 2: 89 with 34 putts
Day 3: 74 with 30 putts

All 3 days it was the same guy swinging my clubs. On day 2 it felt like I had a stroke every time I brought the club back, couldn't hit a shot to save my life all day.

It was hotter than Satan's butt crack here the last few days. Highs in the upper 90's with a heat index between 110-121. I haven't stopped sweating in 72 hours, lol.

It was an enjoyable weekend with my Dad and boys and can't wait to do it again soon!

Got up this morning and could hardly walk. Right hip had "quieted" down for a few weeks. This morning felt like someone had stuck a knife in it. Thought I had some Advil in the truck. Got to the course and did not find it. Wondered about even staying and playing.

Hobbled through 18 holes. 39 on the front with a double bogey. Came back with a 34 on the back, two under. Ended up with a nice 73... +1 for the round. Did not stay long to visit with the guys. Collected my $1.75, came home, and swallowed 2 Aleve. Nap time!!!!

Got up this morning and could hardly walk. Right hip had "quieted" down for a few weeks. This morning felt like someone had stuck a knife in it. Thought I had some Advil in the truck. Got to the course and did not find it. Wondered about even staying and playing.

Hobbled through 18 holes. 39 on the front with a double bogey. Came back with a 34 on the back, two under. Ended up with a nice 73... +1 for the round. Did not stay long to visit with the guys. Collected my $1.75, came home, and swallowed 2 Aleve. Nap time!!!!
I hate it when that happens. Just last week I woke up and found that my left leg had been amputated and I had an ice pick in my eye. I hopped to the course on one leg and was hit by a car just as I got there. Played the whole 18 with one eye and one leg and shot a 4 under 68. Collected $.12 from my buds and hopped home. 2 ibuprofen and a nap. :cool::confused:;):D

73? I wish my hip hurt that good.

Limp, you will soon have a handicap you cannot defend! That is seriously low scoring. Nice work!

Yesterday had one very pleasing hole, a 184 yard par 3. The course was backed up so it was slow. The group behind me was a Chicago bunch I'm sure. Friendly but not talkative (to us stupid natives) and kind of "nose in the air". They were just coming up behind me when I hit my shot which landed about 2 feet from the front of the green. The pin was probably 4 feet from the front of the green. We waved at each other. I drove up to my ball. Chipped it close and tapped in for par in about 20 seconds total elapsed time and drove away. Probably not a big deal but I was chuckling to myself after that.

Limp, you will soon have a handicap you cannot defend! That is seriously low scoring. Nice work!
Sorta wish now I hadn't begun recording scores for an official 'cap this season. It is creeping so low it scares me. I am NOT that good!!!
Understand, I grew up about as unathletic as one could imagine. In our small school, we all were expected to play sports in order to field teams. But, the only time I saw play was when we were either way ahead or way behind... and sometimes not even then. Didn't take up golf until in my 40's. Never had a lesson. So, you can imagine how clumsy a self-taught swing from an athletically challenged golfer must appear. This Game, however, has rewarded me greatly. Hours and hours of fun and entertainment. Lots of great people met and played round with. Lifetime friendships established from a round of golf or a few rounds of golf.

Rained out today. Good news!!! We need the rain. A 70+ year old body needed a day's rest. Did go out to the course to drink coffee with the guys this morning. One got to talking about his best/worst moment in golf.

Some years ago, he played at a country club where the gambling could get out of hand. Said that some days you could win or lose a couple hundred bucks. This particular day, he began the day with 4 birdies on the first 5 holes. Walked up to #6 at 4 under. Said he was already counting on cashing in big time that day. #6 was a par 3. Stroked his shot and watched the ball hit about a foot in front of the hole and roll in for his first ace. As they were walking up to the green, the skies opened and rain soaked them. All players headed to the clubhouse and the round was over. Cost him $200 to buy drinks for everyone because of his ace. All best were cancelled since the day was a rain out. Instead of rolling in cash after the round and celebrating his ace... went home $200 lighter!!!!

Rained out today. Good news!!! We need the rain. A 70+ year old body needed a day's rest. Did go out to the course to drink coffee with the guys this morning. One got to talking about his best/worst moment in golf.

Some years ago, he played at a country club where the gambling could get out of hand. Said that some days you could win or lose a couple hundred bucks. This particular day, he began the day with 4 birdies on the first 5 holes. Walked up to #6 at 4 under. Said he was already counting on cashing in big time that day. #6 was a par 3. Stroked his shot and watched the ball hit about a foot in front of the hole and roll in for his first ace. As they were walking up to the green, the skies opened and rain soaked them. All players headed to the clubhouse and the round was over. Cost him $200 to buy drinks for everyone because of his ace. All best were cancelled since the day was a rain out. Instead of rolling in cash after the round and celebrating his ace... went home $200 lighter!!!!
Ouch!!! :(

That is a great way to blow $200 in my opinion. That's a helluva start to a round!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520