• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

Beautiful day, here. 80's. And I was called in to substitute teach. Will be in the classroom today, tomorrow, and Monday. Oh, well. Breaks up the monotony of playing seven days/week.

Rolled a 97 on the Mountain View Course. 35 putts:poop::(

Course is in great shape.

IMG_0054.JPG
IMG_0056.JPG
IMG_0057.JPG
IMG_0059 (1).JPG

Played yesterday at Peninsula Golf Club here in Gulf Shores. It was HOT and we had 94% humidity. Went with my buddy who has played twice in the last 2 years. Had a riot!

41/39 with 31 putts.

Here is my boy teeing off on number 6:

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1508033275.853493.jpg

ImageUploadedByShot Talk1508033293.370235.jpg

Last edited:
Cold and windy today. Took awhile to warm up. 43 on the front and a bird on the back for 38 = 81. Nothing worse then bogey. Made some nice putts and hit every sand shot nice which for me is epic. Only 3 others on the course. Were we smart or stupid?

Played on Saturday in 25mph winds, gusting to 35mph, off the tips. I’ve been hitting it well recently but the old flat stick has been presenting me with challenges. I mixed it up with a few alternatives including a rather elegant Bryon Morgan copper number swapped for a bottle of Irish whiskey with Wirehair (God test his soul!)

I did a bit of work mid week on my set up and grip with the putter so before heading out on Saturday I decided to resort to old faithful, my Henry Cotton “dumpster” blade.

And I didn’t regret the decision with only 29 putts, holing a few notable par putts. I made two doubles and three bogies with no birds. But given the conditions my 79 (41/38) it was undoubtedly my round of the year.

I hit a few poor shots but they were heavily outnumbered by the good ones and I was happy to keep a good back nine going until 17. That hole was an animal into the headwind. It is only 430 yards but no one was getting up in two on Saturday. So it was playing like a par 5.

We were the first group in so posting a score half decent put me in with a shout of bagging a dust collector. The wind picked up as the day went on, almost to the point where it became unplayable, as the balls were moving on the greens.

As it turns out the index was 76 on the day, making my +7 more like +3.

It’s the last tournament of the year off the tips, so it was great way to finish off the season. A winner!
Prize Giving this evening. Very proud of myself!

Attachments

• BDCABAEF-69E2-4160-9521-D40636BC3A10.jpeg
    BDCABAEF-69E2-4160-9521-D40636BC3A10.jpeg
    518.6 KB · Views: 49
Cold and windy today. Took awhile to warm up. 43 on the front and a bird on the back for 38 = 81. Nothing worse then bogey. Made some nice putts and hit every sand shot nice which for me is epic. Only 3 others on the course. Were we smart or stupid?
Smart!!!! Geezers are not stupid. We're just a lot tougher than the "fair weather golfers".

A little chilly this morning. 18 holes in the past 10 days. Having golf withdrawl. Didn't get off to a very good start. 42 on the front. Came back with a 40 on the back. Nothing to brag about. Just nice to be out on the course. Supposed to be a nice week. Can't play Monday or Friday due to booked for substitute teaching. Don't know whether I like this part time work or not. Griped about playing 7 days/week. Now, griping about not playing 7 days/week. Make up my mind!!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520