• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

43/40 for an 83 today. BEAUTIFUL weather. Clubs were awesome. Mental lapses caused every hiccup. Going to have to make some decisions. My need to pull the 4-hybrid out of the bag. It's been a long time since I've hit a 4-iron as well as I do this iBlade. I had also forgotten to charge my GPS after 2 or 3 rounds. It died on about hole 3. Didn't realize how much I rely on that thing. Probably need to get back to where I "feel" distance rather than depend on a stupid piece of electronic equipment.

85 yesterday. Just seem to be living in the mid-80's. I'm consistently 5 to 7 strokes worse than where I should be. Why? Most are mental errors. Just having a really difficult time concentrating. That allows one or two really bad holes to sneak up and kick me in the rear. Once you card a couple triples, it's difficult to come back.

Two "blow up" holes cost me dearly yesterday. Hit a perfect drive on 16. Just was about 5 yards left of center which made me need to work one over a trap and under an overhanging tree to the flag. Clubbed up two to keep the trajectory down. Hit the perfect shot. Ball clipped a twig that had to be about the size of a lead pencil. Ball went straight up in the air, coming down into the sand trap... buried. On 17, was still foaming at the mouth over 16. Put a really bad swing on an 8-iron and ended up in another trap. This trap has an upper wall about waist high. And, I caught the lip of that bunker wall, tossing the ball right back at my feet. Stupid mistakes. Bad luck. The frustrations of golf.
Wind chill of 19 degrees here this morning. Went to Easter Sunrises Service. They even moved that inside. No golf today.

Cold, damp, and breezy again today. Just two of us "man enough" to play. Sheesh! Had the old 1988 Eye 2's in the bag. 39/37 for a 76!! The back was 8 pars and 1 bogey. We were playing 'pars or better to win' skins. With our huge stakes... 25 cent skins... I came away with $1.50!!! Won $1.00 yesterday. May need to begin having these guys give me 1099's to satisfy the IRS!!!
My local golf shop is on the hunt for me a different set of irons. They have an immaculate set of 712 AP2's. Problem is the S300 shafts. Going from G-Max with SR graphite shafts to AP2's with S300's would be swinging the pendulum too far. For now, I'm going "retro" with the Eye 2's.
Can't go wrong with Eye 2's. Still one of the easiest to hit irons ever made.

Played very well at Sand Canyon...78 with 2 birdies in a row...snuck out on Easter - played as a single and hooked up with a good couple of other singles...
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1522666543.978095.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1522666572.908780.jpg

It’s the old Robinson Ranch facility in Canyon Cointry (SoCal just north of LA)...used to be a 36 hole jewel, but much of the course was destroyed by the sand fire a few years back and it never recovered...got a new owner who is literally pumping millions of dollars into it...can be pricey but I got a 65 dollar rate on Golf Now...usual rate is around 90...but in that range, you can go to not too far away Angeles National (a Nicklaus daily fee) that is truly world class in every way...here is some Angeles photos
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1522672721.170273.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1522672769.670294.jpg
ImageUploadedByShot Talk1522672812.847499.jpg

78 yesterday - SWMBO and I played with 2 other couples. Being Easter Sunday, the course was literally deserted, so the pro allowed us to play as a 6-some. We had a guys vs girls team low ball match play. The ladies beat us 3 and 2. We gave them a stroke on the 4s, 3s and 2 strokes on the 5s. It was sunny and 81 - what a blast! Cooked steaks and watched the Houston Open. Nice day. :D

84 yesterday. Couldn't chip or pitch to save my life but had arguably my best driving day in 3 years. Hit 11 of 15 fairways and was putting it out there pretty good.

Exactly my round today. My greenside play was ugly. Not one good chip or pitch. My long game was awesome. Putter saved a lot of mistakes though. Shot 72 (+1)

Did I mention I hit one 417?!?! Woo hooo! My head will barely fit through my door since I hit that bomb

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54