• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

60 deg wedge question

Im unsure as to how loft allows one to 'go right after the pin' or rather how a specific loft doesn't allow one to do so.

Would a 70 degree wedge then allow you to go right after the pin even more?
Really? You have a better chance of stopping the ball when it lands; assuming you do it correctly. If you over do it, the spin will be an issue.

Im unsure as to how loft allows one to 'go right after the pin' or rather how a specific loft doesn't allow one to do so.

Would a 70 degree wedge then allow you to go right after the pin even more?
The more loft that is on a shot, the closer you can land the ball to the hole, because it's going to roll out less. If you're playing slow spongy greens, you can fly it all the way to the hole.

On a side note, I get less backspin when I hit higher lofted shots around the green. My low shots always seem to check more than my high ones.

Really? You have a better chance of stopping the ball when it lands; assuming you do it correctly. If you over do it, the spin will be an issue.
Ok, I didn't understand your definition of go right after the pin.

Flying it right to the hole is the last option in my arsenal of around the green shots. I get it on the green as quickly as possible.

Low spinner, bump n run, flop shot, chunk and run, blade it and hit the stick...it doesn't matter to the scorecard. Just get it there the best way that you know how.

Low spinner, bump n run, flop shot, chunk and run, blade it and hit the stick...it doesn't matter to the scorecard. Just get it there the best way that you know how.
This.

To me, the sooner it's on the ground, the more control I have over the outcome. Love bump n runs...flops, not so much. My highest loft is 56, and I just don't want any more than that.

Currently I go 47°, 51°, 56°, and 60°. I'm going to go to 48°, 53°, and 58°.

Mine are 48, 52, 56. Works for me.

I just went from that to 52/56/60 because at times I felt like there was a gap where I was either trying to step on the 60 or take some off of the 54. Or step on the 54 or take some off of the PW.

I thought my pw was a 48 but its a 47.

I hardly evet hit a full 60. I play a lot of half shots with my 54. I do like that 52, 56 combo...thats what I used to play.

I thought my pw was a 48 but its a 47.

I hardly evet hit a full 60. I play a lot of half shots with my 54. I do like that 52, 56 combo...thats what I used to play.
My pw is also 47. I also rarely hit full shots with the 60 if I can help it. The 54 was money from 110, I loved that shot. The 54 under-performed in other areas though and like I said that setup left me some gaps I didn't like. Now I am more or less going to play my pw basically as another iron while using 52 the way some people use their pw. I deloft wedges around the green unless I absolutely need a super high shot to a short pin or something, so a 52 will play for me how some peoples' pw does for them.

I deloft wedges around the green unless I absolutely need a super high shot to a short pin or something, so a 52 will play for me how some peoples' pw does for them.

I do that too. I don't hood the club at address but I play it back in my stance and at impact I deloft it. So my 60 plays more like a 50 but with more spin.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520