• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Actually Played Today!!

20 PAT's

Reaction score
November 18...
This may seem unlikely, but I played golf today! Actually I've played more in the last couple of weeks then I have all summer!!!
The golf in the Northeast hasn't been that bad this month. Is any one else still playing up here??? I played in Manchester today and in Pittsfield this Tuesday. Unbelieveable... Maybe global warming isn't so bad after all!!:laugh:

November 18...
This may seem unlikely, but I played golf today! Actually I've played more in the last couple of weeks then I have all summer!!!
The golf in the Northeast hasn't been that bad this month. Is any one else still playing up here??? I played in Manchester today and in Pittsfield this Tuesday. Unbelieveable... Maybe global warming isn't so bad after all!!:laugh:
We've got a place north of you, in Derby. First thing I noticed was your avatar and went "hey, that looks familiar!", then read your post.

It was 48F in Derby today, but I imagine all the courses have been closed. It was 54F here today (northern NJ), but rain. This weekend is supposed to be in the upper 50's here and the mid 40's by you.

I played on Wednesday this week too. And I plan on playing tomorrow if possible. I think on Wednesday we got to 10*C in Southern Ontario, which I believe is close to 50*F? Tomorrow is going to be 8*C, but it could get warmer... I can't believe it, a little over a week left in November and still playing. Love it!!

You guys are killing me. We've had temps in the mid-seventies all week and I haven't been able to play. I've got something going on with a pain in my shoulder. I've been sitting on the back porch and watching others play while I'm eating pain pills. :real angry:

Teeing off at 6:30 tomorrow morning, should be a brisk 43*.

Teeing off at 6:30 tomorrow morning, should be a brisk 43*.

Wow! 6:30, that's an early tee time. I don't think we start them off until at least 7:00. That depends on frost too. But i just checked the local weather network site and frost shouldn't be a problem. Looks like a high of 9* too. FORE!!!

Playing Rutland CC tomorrow! Nice! Supposed to be warm this week so maybe I can extend the season a little longer.mm

Not only did I play (just north of NYC), but I played wearing shorts. This weekend was fantastic. What a bonus.

Playing Rutland CC tomorrow! Nice! Supposed to be warm this week so maybe I can extend the season a little longer.mm

HOw did it go? Rutland has some wicked greens and it's not nearly as warm as I hoped it would be, still plenty warm enough to play (grounds not frozen and you can still see grass-not living but grass none the less).

played at a quality golf course yesterday, despite the rain. the fairways and greens were excellent. not bad considering the couple hundred mm's of rain we've had in the last 10 days. tried out my Gore-Tex jacket and pants, along with some new rain gloves, was totally comfortable the whole round.

Don't understand the problem, Spent last week in Phoenix - played lots.:emot-ange

Played yesterday myself, upper 50's & beautiful. I took off my jacket & was able to play 11-12 holes in a short sleeve shirt before the clouds came in & them temp dropped a bit.

Pretty sure that's it though as just about every course around has closed except for Bridges in Madison.

Played my local course Sat and Sunday. Beautiful weather and putting $5 in the cash box for "all you can play" is nice too.

Son was visiting Sunday so we both played 9 holes vs deer hunting. Those pesky criitters can wait!!!!!!

HOw did it go? Rutland has some wicked greens and it's not nearly as warm as I hoped it would be, still plenty warm enough to play (grounds not frozen and you can still see grass-not living but grass none the less).

Didnt make it to RutVegas yesterday, stayed local and played the DFC.. Yuck verticut greens and punched approaches. Talked to the pro at Rutland and I think were going to try there again Wednesday...
Do you have your skis waxed?!?

It's over... Got some snow on the mountains and that is when the greens get shut down! So sad, looks like the bats get put away until I go to the PGA show in January!!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520