• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Bay Area golf

I went to Metropolitan for the first time last weekend and was pleasantly surprised. 30-40 mph winds made the long game difficult, but the greens were almost comically easy to read -- or at least felt like it, I had 11 putts on the back. The back tees are a pretty tough test.

Going back there tomorrow morning so hopefully it won't be too windy.

This course is up in/near Oakland, right? I see it quite regularly in the Golfnow discount tee times, may just have to give it a try.

If anyone wants to get their ass kicked, go play Harding tomorrow. They are having a minitour event there and the rough is sticky and long, the fairways have been pinched in, the course is wet so the ball isn't going anywhere, and the greens have been rolled so they are firm and fast. The breaks on the greens are like playing a different course, the ball just flies past the hole if you miss. The weather also sucked -- muggy, foggy, and cold. It was brutal.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520