• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

BB Solution Shaft

Sandpiper3

Golf Course Designer
Reaction score
Gahhh! I need to ho man!

Well im wondering how this shaft is, i honestly have no clue about my ss or launch angles or anything, but im hitting it on avg 280-300 right now with an extremely low traj to say the least... So i guess i got enough ss to swing my clubs. My PI in my driver plays at a stiff S flex shaft and the dude who fitted it put the spine at the back of the club to make it play a little stiffer/harder loading (apparently).

How are these in the driver? How about the 3w? Thinking moreso toward the 3w first, and then maybe the driver... How much would I be looking to pay for one and for both? And are these available in an 80-85g models?

i think they're only available in one weight and generally aren't recommended in FW woods
If you're hitting 280-300, I wouldn't mess with the driver

These are our biggest selling shafts...and justifiably so because they profile EXACTLY like the $399 Ozik Code 7 shafts...but retail for less than 1/4th the price. Plus carry a lifetime warrantee.

Unlike most shafts that have a very specific kick point, these are described more as a "uniform" kickpoint. Meaning that the density is so consistent that the whole shaft contributes more evenly to the ball flight.

These are typically a mid flight shaft....the feel on these is nothing short of remarkable...the nicest loading shaft I've experienced at price points double this.

Currently, they come in two lengths...standard and LD...and one weight.

We have put these in many Fairway wood shafts with excellent results....these shafts while having a soft silky feel will keep up with even the most aggressive swing if need be (and fitted correctly of course).

Also, these shafts are drop dead gorgeous looking...in both the Dark chrome or metallic burgandy, they are beautiful shafts.

Got Lyle quoting a CT250 Maltby head with one of these... Never ends. :D

That will be a good combo!

hey! I see you're in Eastern WI??? I'll be in Janesville and Racine in a few weeks! Weather permitting, maybe we can hook up and play a course or two?

hey! I see you're in Eastern WI??? I'll be in Janesville and Racine in a few weeks! Weather permitting, maybe we can hook up and play a course or two?

Offer to bring several drivers with regular flex shafts for sale and he'll be there with bells on.

I wish I was gonna be in Racine. :(

(Ha, I bet you'll never hear those words uttered by me ever again! LOL. :laugh:)

R35

indacup

I'll be LIVING in Racine in two weeks (bought a house there)... :D Sounds good. When it gets close PM me and maybe we can set something up. Weekend of the 1st I'll be moving and SWMBO would KILL me if I wasn't "involved"... :D

Offer to bring several drivers with regular flex shafts for sale and he'll be there with bells on.

I wish I was gonna be in Racine.

(Ha, I bet you'll never hear those words uttered by me ever again! LOL. )

R35

Rock, if you get to Racine, "hang" around Douglas Avenue after dark to truly appreciate what Racine has to offer. (Make sure you're "heavily armed")!! :(

indacup. how would the solution shaft play in my 906 vs the V2? (specs wise mostly, and if you have had any exp with the V2)?

And if you may know also, how would is play vs my Purple Ice and vs a 70g VS proto?

indacup. how would the solution shaft play in my 906 vs the V2? (specs wise mostly, and if you have had any exp with the V2)?

And if you may know also, how would is play vs my Purple Ice and vs a 70g VS proto?

I will provide you a shaft profile of all those shafts mentioned and a description in a few hours....

Anyone with some real life playing experience with the Solution 130 and/or the Tour Swing Vengeance platinum?

Sandpiper....

Here ya go....

Here's the actual measurements....
BEAM LENGTH 41 36 31 26 21 16 11

Solution 170 198 235 283 355 480 749
UST V.2 S 172 196 223 274 325 446 798
ALDILA VS 183 206 239 287 370 507 804
PI Stiff 170 190 228 276 360 505 829

And here's the relative stiffness profile comparison

View attachment awww.indacupgolf.com_stcomp1.jpg

indacup does this mean the pi tip is stiffer than the rest???

Yes...in all fairness, the PI was measured by someone other than our shop (I swap data with a few other shops)...But I pretty much trust their findings.

The other shafts were all done by us.

Because a couple shafts are so diametrically apart in density, it kinda skews up the numbers...so that's why I added the ACTUAL readings and THEN stiffness comparison...

The Solution and V2 are similar from butt to mid length...and then the V2 gets much stiffer and the Solution is much more gradual.

The VS Proto is also exhibiting a gradual slope...but much stiffer from butt to tip..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520