• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Blades...

Woosey

Handicap is to high!!
Reaction score
Whats the big advantage with them?

had a few trails with some and i was hitting them nice and sweet and didnt really notice the difference between my taylors and the blades (callaway's)

so why go for a blade?

1.If you want to shape a shot you can very easily.All you do to fade is literally hold the hands back a smidgeon,the changes required for any method are minute.With a cavity back you aim to Mecca,do the splits and pray like mad,before you you perform some strange ritualistic looping swing.And then the ball might fade 1 millimetre.

2.A good ball striker may hit the ball too high with improvement clubs.Not all do,many pros use cavity backs,but many would just hit the ball too high because a pro tends to hit irons with a powerful descending blow.

3.Er,you pull more birds at the range?

Thats it really,no real advantages above and beyond a lower flight and the ability to shape shots at will.They are also what most over 38 year olds learnt with.We are a dying bread I think.

Callaway makes blades?????????

These are NOT blades.

Woosey said:

Please don't take this as a flame, but those are the complete opposite of blades. The Cally fusion irons are a oversized game improvement cast iron.

Typical characteritics of a blades are:

Most importantly Muscle Back (sorry MP32 lovers - them aren't blades either)
Usually forged out of soft carbon steel
Thin top line and sole

I am going by the traditional blade from WAY back - there are club manufacturers out there now that make irons they call blades like Ping I3 and Taylor RAC TP. In my opinion these are not blades

VtDivot said:
Please don't take this as a flame, but those are the complete opposite of blades.

ah right!

im an idiot ;) ill try some blades later then (at least the ping blades say blade on them! ) :D

For a 100% blade try a 100% muscle back like the Titleist 670s

SiberianDVM said:
But they're so plain. :)

Yes....they stand out from the crowd....and look good in your bag at the same time!

clubs_miz_new.JPG

Callaway did make a true blade in the late 80's. They were the bobby jones model.

obagain said:
Callaway did make a true blade in the late 80's. They were the bobby jones model.

Like these...
BJblades.jpg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35