• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Club throwing tales

July of last year, not long after buying my nike driver I hit a push fade in to the tree line. I was set up for a draw that I had been hitting all day. Hit another with three wood off the tee that I always draw. Push fade into the trees. Said screw it and went to a line in the fairway where my drive was going towards the trees and dropped one and hit 3 hybrid. Push fade into the trees. Promptly helicoptered said hybrid about 100 yards down the fairway and hit the cart path. Only damn shot that went left on that hole. FML!!!

9.gif

Craig Stadler is probably my favourite. I actually read a tweet from him the other day, when asked why he had a new putter his response was because the last one didn't float so well!! LOL I guess when you are just handed a new one, its easy to throw the old one.

I threw one club in my life. I tossed a putter and my dad's Footjoy was up my ass before it hit the ground. One week grounded and my 18 year old butt wasn't quite so cocky. I was then made to watch every shot Nicklaus hit the rest of the year. "That is how a golfer conducts himself". Best lesson of my life.

I used to be a thrower about 12 years ago or so. Now I just accept bad shots and accept repeating bad shots. My worse was off a tee box, number 3 I think, at Ft. Stewart. I had an ongoing pull hook for a while and it was frustrating the crap out of me. So on this shot, I let the club fly...it ended weigh up stuck in a palm tree shaft pointing down with the head wedged. If it wasn't less then 2 weeks old I would have left it. I had to go back to the club house to get a rod in order to get it out. That was the last time I've thrown a club. I spend too much money on them to be tossing 'em. I'm much calmer about my game now and realize there are worse things in life and I just accept the bad. I'll maybe smack a club on the ground on a bad shot occasionally, but that's about the extent of it.

There's also a 2 iron in one of the lakes on the old Anderson course at Ft. Knox. :)

Long story short, about 2 months ago I was playing and the group of drunk assholes hit into our group twice. On the 11th hole, I was about to tee off and here they come driving the golf cart over gravel and rocks right next to my tee box as I was about to swing. I backed off and said do you mind? They gave me an ugly look. A few holes later we came across each other again and they said the same thing to me as to mock me. I flipped them the bird and words were exchanged. I was still heated so the next chance I got, I sent some air mail their way. They were on the putting green and I was about 130 yards away on the adjacent hole. I wrote "you're a dbag" on the ball and took a nice little pitching wedge and sent it their way. As they were putting my ball comes flying in and lands right between one of them in the middle of his putting stoke (about 5 feet from him). They didn't like that too much but I just smiled and waived.

You took a chance of injuring a drunk because they distracted you?

Long story short, about 2 months ago I was playing and the group of drunk assholes hit into our group twice. On the 11th hole, I was about to tee off and here they come driving the golf cart over gravel and rocks right next to my tee box as I was about to swing. I backed off and said do you mind? They gave me an ugly look. A few holes later we came across each other again and they said the same thing to me as to mock me. I flipped them the bird and words were exchanged. I was still heated so the next chance I got, I sent some air mail their way. They were on the putting green and I was about 130 yards away on the adjacent hole. I wrote "you're a dbag" on the ball and took a nice little pitching wedge and sent it their way. As they were putting my ball comes flying in and lands right between one of them in the middle of his putting stoke (about 5 feet from him). They didn't like that too much but I just smiled and waived.

No offense, but that was stupid, I don't really care what they did. You have every right to get pissed, but purposefully hitting a golf ball at them is a dick move, and just plain dumb.

Some anger management might be in order.

So you're the guy that hit into me and my buddies. Dude, that was the last round we were all going to get to play golf together for awhile because my buddy Brian was deploying the next week. Sorry for driving our cart while you were about to swing. My bad.

Just kidding, but seriously hitting into a group on purpose is dumb. Just sayin.

I'll admit I went over the top but I wasn't going to let them run their mouth the way they did and insult me personally. They went out of their way to piss me off so I did the same. Not to mention I had other factors going on that just added to the tipping point. Not typical behavior if me nor was it right. Just caught me on the wrong day. Just sharing stories here right? I know what I did.

You took a chance of injuring a drunk because they distracted you?

No, after that they mocked me. Made threats and insulted my wife and made sexual gestures at her. If I had to do it again, I wouldn't have hit a ball at them, i would have just settled it another way and gone to jail for the day for all I care. When someone disrespects my wife like that, it's game on.

Just call the clubhouse and have them removed.

There's no reason to go to jail over a drunk guy running his mouth. I understand you want to defend your wife's honor, but all it takes is for one of those guys to be carrying a gun when you decide you're going to put him in his place. Then whose going to protect her from actual threats?

No big deal Que, we all understand that situations can get out of hand quickly, we were just expressing our opinions on the situation. It's cool.

Just call the clubhouse and have them removed.

There's no reason to go to jail over a drunk guy running his mouth. I understand you want to defend your wife's honor, but all it takes is for one of those guys to be carrying a gun when you decide you're going to put him in his place. Then whose going to protect her from actual threats?

No big deal Que, we all understand that situations can get out of hand quickly, we were just expressing our opinions on the situation. It's cool.

I understand what your saying but when you're that heated you don't think logically. I wasn't justifying anything I did but just sharing rage stories here. Whether it's golf or something else, we've all been in situations that emotions take over. I'm actually a really easy going person esp on the course but that was not the day to push my buttons

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423

eclark53520