• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you think Greg Norman can win the Master's?

Norman's last Masters was a T36 in 2002. It's not _that_ long ago that he played well there though, with 3 top 3s from 95-99. For most people 3 top 3s at Augusta is a career.

I would agree with this. Greg Norman though is not most people, he was #1 in the world for the most consecutive weeks until Tiger came along and in my mind one of the 2 best players of his generation-along with Nick Faldo. Still breaks my heart to watch highlights of the 1996 Masters.

I would agree with this. Greg Norman though is not most people, he was #1 in the world for the most consecutive weeks until Tiger came along and in my mind one of the 2 best players of his generation-along with Nick Faldo. Still breaks my heart to watch highlights of the 1996 Masters.

I don't disagree with that, I just think sometimes people give Norman a harder time than he deserves. If golfers were religious and didn't play on Sundays, he'd have been the best ever! ;)

amembers.home.nl_j.duerings_Frontpage11_idioms_images_when_pigs_fly.jpg

He didnt have the rocks to hold a lead when in his prime at Augusta, so imo there is no chance in hell of him doing it now.

Norman's last Masters was a T36 in 2002. It's not _that_ long ago that he played well there though, with 3 top 3s from 95-99. For most people 3 top 3s at Augusta is a career.

The course has changed quite a bit since 2002. If he gets on a run like he did last year at the Open Championship, he may get a good finish, but the days of him hitting second shots on the par 5's with short irons and stuffing them in tight are over. The only thing Augusta is missing these days compared to a US Open is the thick rough. Too long of shots into to concrete greens have really killed the Augusta that I once knew and enjoyed watching.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably still watch it, but it is no longer a can't miss event on Sunday afternoon like it used to be.

The course has changed quite a bit since 2002. If he gets on a run like he did last year at the Open Championship, he may get a good finish, but the days of him hitting second shots on the par 5's with short irons and stuffing them in tight are over. The only thing Augusta is missing these days compared to a US Open is the thick rough. Too long of shots into to concrete greens have really killed the Augusta that I once knew and enjoyed watching.

Don't get me wrong, I will probably still watch it, but it is no longer a can't miss event on Sunday afternoon like it used to be.

I couldn't agree more with this statement and it breaks my heart. Maybe the most excting golf I have watched have been the Masters that Phil won when Ernie Els was making his run and the Masters that Tiger won (2005 I think) when DiMarco was right on his heels. Last year was the most boring Masters I may have ever watched...

I agree, can he win it, yes. Will he win it, most likely no. It would take a killer weekend for him to accomplish it. Is he capable?, yes, but sadly his past track record shows it is highly unlikely.

That having been said, I would LOVE to see him pull it off. :thumbs up:

I agree, can he win it, yes. Will he win it, most likely no. It would take a killer weekend for him to accomplish it. Is he capable?, yes, but sadly his past track record shows it is highly unlikely.

That having been said, I would LOVE to see him pull it off. :thumbs up:

I wanted to see him win the British this year, for no other reason than it woudl have been cool. Sadly though he went out and blasted driver off every tee and played from the rough more than the fairway...

Can he? Absolutely!

Will he? Maybe.

Will I pull for him if he's even slightly close to making a run? ABSOLUTELY!!

IMHO one of the finest golfer's to ever play the game.

Imagine golf if Norman and Tiger had hit their prime at the same time...

Anything is possible... it's just not very likely.

Can he? Absolutely!

Will he? Maybe.

Will I pull for him if he's even slightly close to making a run? ABSOLUTELY!!

IMHO one of the finest golfer's to ever play the game.

Imagine golf if Norman and Tiger had hit their prime at the same time...

That would have been quite interesting now wouldn't it?

Nicklaus won his 5th at age 46 and everyone was surprised that such an old man could win at Augusta. Norman is about 54 and never won it. That ship has sailed.

That short hitting guy from Iowa (what was his name again?) won it. So yeah, why not Norman!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520