• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Do you tip the head pro?

You beast, you savage, c'mon bark like a dog for me!

Farquod said:
Oh, man, you found the script? That's gold!

We're winding down, though, I got about half a dozen left.

"There's a lot of, well, badness in the world today. I see it in court everyday. I've sentenced boys younger than you to the gas chamber. Didn't want to do it... Felt I owed it to them."

"The most important decision you can make right now is what do you stand for, Danny... goodness or badness?"

You know, funny lines are....funny lines and even without context - most of them still make you LOL...

I can only imagine the writers sitting around coming up with this stuff...

They had the time of their life - laughing their asses off and then they got paid.

Bravo said:
You know, funny lines are....funny lines and even without context - most of them still make you LOL...

Absolutely. Then you remember Ted Knight's officious, droll delivery.... People have stuck their heads in my office a few times today to see what's what.

"Somebody step on a duck?"

From what I have read, apparently Ted and Chevy didn't get along. I can see that, as Chevy was pretty much in his prime (SNL, ect) at this time, and ted was getting on in years. Cocky kid with not a care in the world.

They worked magic tho.

Great scene is when they are in the games room. The number of times that Chevy Chase is choking someone is just awesome.

R35

It was a movie with little hype at the start, then just took off. It is also the one movie, in my experience, that was touted heavily by my friends before I saw it, and lived up to those expectations.

"...and that's all she wrote."

Farquod said:
Absolutely. Then you remember Ted Knight's officious, droll delivery.... People have stuck their heads in my office a few times today to see what's what.

"Somebody step on a duck?"

Yeah and I can see the look on his face now...

I think I'll get out my DVD and watch this in the next day or so...

I had no idea that Ted and Chevy did not get along. I did hear that Chevy had a pretty big head during those days. He came from a very wealthy family "back East" and probably had a good bit of snob in him...but he was good at what he did.

rockford35 said:
From what I have read, apparently Ted and Chevy didn't get along. I can see that, as Chevy was pretty much in his prime (SNL, ect) at this time, and ted was getting on in years. Cocky kid with not a care in the world.

They worked magic tho.

Great scene is when they are in the games room. The number of times that Chevy Chase is choking someone is just awesome.

R35

Chevy and Bill Murray didn't get along either (it was a SNL thing) The Kentucky-Bluegrass scene is the only scene shot with those guys together.

Sounds like Chevy had some people problems. That may explain why his attempts at being a talk show host failed so miserably. Aside from the original Fletch and the National Lampoon Vacation series, he really didn't do much following SNL, did he?

With that cast, it should have been a party every night.

"Nnnnoonan...."

Ya, that's pretty much it. The Vacation series, Fletch and Caddyshack.

Wasn't he an alien in a sitcom during the 80's? Oh wait, that was ALF. :p

R35

He was great in Vacation, but then again, didn't "Cousin Eddie" steal the movies there anyway?

"He's cute ain't he? Only problem is, he's got a little bit a Mississippi Leg Hound in him. If the mood catches him rite, he'll grab your leg and just go to town. You don't want him around if your wearing short pants, if you know what I mean. Word of warning though, if he does lay into ya, it's best to just let him finish."

That should keep the thread going a while longer...

Randy Quaid is an underrated actor, and was, apparently a scratch golfer (so said Dennis, anyway).

I can't quote Vacation tidbits much, but there is at least one notable quote from Caddyshack still unwritten:

"Hey everybody, we're all gonna get laid!!!!"

"Where's Eddie? He usually eats these goddamned things."

"Actually, Clarke, Eddie stopped eating squirrels when he found they were high in cholesterol."

"Thank you Margret."

R35

Has...

"POOOPEEEEE!!!!!"
...been used yet?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54