• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Erasing any doubt

LyleG

gear head
Reaction score
Does anyone still believe Paddy isnt one of the worlds elite?

Even though the idiotic world ranking system wont reflect it, Paddy is clearly the number 2 golfer in the world right now. Winning 3 of the last 6 majors, and showing a will under pressure that is close to Tiger like. The man just gets the job done, nothing fancy, just get it in the hole.
Congrats Paddy, this Guinness is on me.

I'm not so sure about the world ranking aspect. I think he HAS to be #2 before too long.......it's fecking obvious.

Does anyone still believe Paddy isnt one of the worlds elite?

Even though the idiotic world ranking system wont reflect it, Paddy is clearly the number 2 golfer in the world right now. Winning 3 of the last 6 majors, and showing a will under pressure that is close to Tiger like. The man just gets the job done, nothing fancy, just get it in the hole.
Congrats Paddy, this Guinness is on me.
Agreed. And Player of The Year.

I'm not so sure about the world ranking aspect. I think he HAS to be #2 before too long.......it's fecking obvious.

Because of Phil's finish Paddy will be thrid still. Who would you rather have on your golf team right now? ;)

Without doubt the 2nd best player in the world. His grit and determination is second to none. Such a good ambassador for the game, I love to see him win.

The man plays with huge heart, and is an absolute stud with the flatstick.

He's still making those Pi5 irons sing.

Paddy is player of the year, one more win and itd be 100%, even over Tiger and the "year" he finished already.

I totally agree that Paddy is the #2 guy now. I can't imagine Phil staying #2 after not having won a major in the last 2 seasons.

I like Harrington, he has a calm fire about him. He's intense but keeps his composure. I think he's great to watch and certainly top 3 in the world.

Padraig has that special "something" that all champions have. And he is certainly #2 in the world in most people's eyes. Phail is the worst #2 imaginable and is more like a #5 or #6 in reality. :)

Hurry Padraig! Good show! :D

One thing I have noticed about him since last years British Open win is that he looks so confident. Look at the the guys around him and they look like they hope to win. Paddy looks like he expects to win.

I hope I saw this right. . .A statistic on TGC showed the players' scores who made the cut for all 4 majors this year.

Paddy was a combined 7 over.

2nd was 21 over

and Phil was 3rd with 22 over

He just played at a different level than everyone else this last month or so.

Hodge Podge is without a doubt the 2nd best golfer.

This is probably one of the few times in history where being 2nd best is a really big compliment.

I'm convinced.

It was nice to see someone (other than Tiger) grab the bull by the horns down the home stretch and flat out win the damn thing instead of sorta back into it.

I hate to say it...

I don't think we are talking about Harrington if Tiger doesn't get hurt... I hate to say it, and Paddy is having a huge year.

Just to make the point:

Tiger= 6 events = 4 victories (US Open)

Paddy= 12 events= 2 victories (British + PGA)

It's that simple. twice as many events, half as many victories...

I'll say Paddy is POY this year, as I don't think it's neccessary to give it to Tiger (again) but honestly, if Tiger did win, could you really say it would be out of line? Congrats to Paddy and all his fans, but regarding whether he's #2 in the world or not, i'm not interested as it seems the gap between the man and everyone else is as large as it's ever been and the one legged bandit was nowhere near a golf course this weekend.

With all do respect, you might as well put an asterick next to everything that happens until he comes back, cuz for ever more, Paddy's two major wins (in '08) will be with the caveat "Tiger wasn't there"... sad, but none the less true. Great accomlishments, amazing... but you know what I say is true, whether you are sick of Tiger or not...

A.

:beach3:

I don't think we are talking about Harrington if Tiger doesn't get hurt... I hate to say it, and Paddy is having a huge year.

Just to make the point:

Tiger= 6 events = 4 victories (US Open)

Paddy= 12 events= 2 victories (British + PGA)

It's that simple. twice as many events, half as many victories...

I'll say Paddy is POY this year, as I don't think it's neccessary to give it to Tiger (again) but honestly, if Tiger did win, could you really say it would be out of line? Congrats to Paddy and all his fans, but regarding whether he's #2 in the world or not, i'm not interested as it seems the gap between the man and everyone else is as large as it's ever been and the one legged bandit was nowhere near a golf course this weekend.

With all do respect, you might as well put an asterick next to everything that happens until he comes back, cuz for ever more, Paddy's two major wins (in '08) will be with the caveat "Tiger wasn't there"... sad, but none the less true. Great accomlishments, amazing... but you know what I say is true, whether you are sick of Tiger or not...

A.

:beach3:

maybe we should just stop playing tour events until Tiger says so...

Tigers major record since 2000

Tournament 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2008
The Masters 5 1 1 T15 T22 1 T3 T2 2
U.S. Open 1 T12 1 T20 T17 2 CUT T2 1
The Open Championship 1 T25 T28 T4 T9 1 1 T12 DNP
PGA Championship 1 T29 2 T39 T24 T4 1 1 DNP

he's played 34 amd won 12...that an incredible record but its less than 30% of the majors he's played in....

would you propose putting an asterisk on Jack's major record and record for top ten finishes in a major because Tiger was still a glint in Earl's eyes.

I love watching Tiger play but imo there's no way he would have won in Birkdale anyway but thats not the issue...

People need to start getting their heads out of Tigers ass (its probably a bit cramped in their by now)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520