• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Ernie Els driver stats

niblick

Reaction score
I screencapped this from a video on Callaway.com. I thought it was really interesting data and figured I'd share.

View attachment ai33.tinypic.com_2lac96s.jpg

Ernie hits three drives in the video. Look how close his ballspeed is... less than 1 mph in variance. The second drive was the shortest, and also had near-perfect smash factor and higher ballspeed than the first one. Go figure.

Later in the video he hits one that they say carries 301. I'm not sure if he was hitting persimmon on the first three or what.

I'm not an expert like some on here, but his launch angle seems to be hurting his distance as much as anything.

That smash factor doesn't look right on 2 out of the 3 drives... Pretty darned low for Ernie, implying inefficient contact at a God-like 133 MPH SS.

Definitly WAAAY too low a launch angle and crappy Smash Factors...except his 1.48 is good...but for a Pro, I'd expect at LEAST that.

Did the first and third sound like bad contact in comparison to the second or other drives?

Notice the first line says it was a 7.5 degree driver. He probably was just testing. I'm not extremely impressed with any of those numbers. Faster then me, for sure, but not huge.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520

3. 15,301