• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How bad does this game get?

We were playing in a tourney in memphis. We were in 2 cars because one guy is known for his throwing clubs and outbursts.

He plays like crap and we are on out way home and he stops his car on the bridge over the mississippi river, gets out and throws his clubs into the river.
We are rolling over laughing at him.
We stop in Little Rock to get gas when he realizes, his wallet, wedding ring and rolex were still in the bag.
It cost him $10,000 to hire a diver and find it.
Another time he misses a 2 footer and goes to break his putter over his knee, misses and scrapes all the skin off his shin. Again we are on the ground laughing.

Mister Bater said:
Quitters never win and winners never quit.

" Never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.'' Winston Churchill.

:faintthud Mister ... dont you start goin all cerebral on us now ....

This is a bit puzzling to me also...I've never heard of anyone "quitting" at nine.

Since you had already paid such a large greens fee, you still felt better about failing to finish?

Bravo said:
This is a bit puzzling to me also...I've never heard of anyone "quitting" at nine.

Since you had already paid such a large greens fee, you still felt better about failing to finish?

Funnily enough Bravo, a guy that's playing in our 4ball on this Sunday always quits on #13, which is his last chance b4 the course goes back away from the clubhouse. The guy particularly enjoys the "social" aspect (insert drinkin) and will be quite happy guzzling pints

Bravo said:

I did feel better. I got a lot of work done later that day and Sunday on the Web site and still got in 9 Sunday at an easy course to get some confidence back. I would have had to get up at 4:00am Sunday morning to play the second day, be gone all day, and I would have played poorly. I will remember the state of my game during the tournament this year and use that for motivation next year.

Caddyshackgolf, you can post your scores just by registering at the site. You can share your rounds by email or Web sites like this.

This hothead I play with actually got pissed and hit his own foot with a full swing...intentionally! I thought he'd break every bone in his foot.

Featured Reviews

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54