• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

How Far Do You Hit The Ball?

MGP, you're just about identical!! Now as to which one of us hits them the straightest... :D We should someday get together for a round.. :)

And twogreen, I hope I do as well at 70.... :)

lw- can you hit a full swing lw?
Fore142

Yes I can, 100yards:)

After spending nearly 7 hours with a rangefinder and a notebook on a slow day at the golf course, I have my distances.

Driver: 276
15* 3W: 253 Tee 241 deck
(Carry now)
2I- 227
3I- 215
4I-198
5I-187
6I-175
7I-166
8I-155
9I-142
PW-129
56*-112
60*-98

All of these were from the averages from a wierd perfectionist with WAYYY too much time on his hands.
Crossfire

I think that's bordering WBL at a driver sale crazy man....:D

It's easy to full-swing a LW, :p

Oh yeah, bear in mind, I've never hit my irons as far as I have with blades.

Apologies Jeff. I mistook the above comments to mean that you used to hit them longer with blades and did not look at the time of my previous post that you actually play with MP-33 irons. My fault. Sorry.

i have never bothered to try to learn to hit a full swing lw, simply because the few times i have tried, it was disasterous. My methods seem to work, as i am off +1... but everyone has there own way of doing things.

Apologies Jeff. I mistook the above comments to mean that you used to hit them longer with blades and did not look at the time of my previous post that you actually play with MP-33 irons. My fault. Sorry.

Haha, no problem.

Yeah, it'll be a while before the blades get pulled.

Interesting post...

Man, I always knew I was short, but I guess I really hit like a girl (LOL)

These are the real distances I play for on a course and I've got no excuses - I'm 43 yrs old and in pretty good shape...

Driver = 200 ish
3W = 170 ish
3iron Hybrid = 160 ish - love this new club! straight as an arrow...
7wood = 150 on the money!
9wood = 140
6iron Hybrid = 125
8 iron = 110
9 iron = 100
PW = 90
GW = 75
SW = 60
LW = 50

I don't have a 7 iron, because I use a chipper club - I probably hit six or more shots per round with it and I've chipped more than a few in the hole...

I don't take much of a divot - guess that's why I'm more comfortable hitting fairway woods...

Luckily I can putt like a devil!

For some reason, my lob wedge is dead. I took a nostrils-flaring swipe at the ball, it went a mile up and....30 feet forward? :( I wasn't trying to flop it, either.

Normally I can hit it 80, although I rarely take a full shot at it.

MGP, you're just about identical!! Now as to which one of us hits them the straightest... :D We should someday get together for a round.. :)

Yeah, I've noticed that. Similar distances, similar swing speeds. Neither of us 20 anymore either! :laugh:

I'll bet you are straighter though, I actually hit a nice fade on almost every shot when I'm swinging decently. The good thing is I've done it all my life and I know where the ball is going to end up.

I really would love to get together for a round sometime. I will look you up for sure if I ever get up your way and you should do the same if you and/or sssmokin ever get to the Kansas City area. We have a lot of nice courses here and we even have a longer season than you do. Unless there's snow on the ground we can pretty much play year round (though you might need mittens :laugh:). I could probably scare us up some pretty tasty bbq too. :D

Driver 265-275
4 wood 235
#3 hybrid 205
4 iron 185
5 iron 175
6 iron 165
7 155
8 145
9 135
pw 125
gw 110
sw 100
lw 85

These are the max distances I try to hit any of the clubs except my Driver which I just try to hit solidly and then go to where the balls lands. Rarely will I go for a par five in two unless I am about 230 or less into the hole so I don't worry about the bigger gap that I have between my driver and the 4 wood.

I have made more birdies with a wedge in my hand for my third on par 5s than I have with 3 wood in my hand for my second.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520