• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

If you had a $1000

You are LONG overdue to buy some super expensive something-or-other.... and you did try a couple drivers recently.... So your bag is "semi-set"... G10 driver. G10 driver. G10 driver. G10 driver. G10 driver.

:D

I actually lied a little... My putter is only 1.5 years old and I have new wedges in the bag this season.

I can't see me getting a new driver, but you never know. I tried the TM Tour Burner and Burner not the TP versions yesterday and didn't along with them at all. I was losing them way right which meant basically it was totally my fault.

$1,000?

Half of a rusty Circle T Cameron Napa putterhead with no shaft or grip. I just hope I get the end with the hosel so I can install a shaft and try to use it.

Maybe we can do a deal here as I picked the toe end only of that very putter for just $1400 last month. I had it customised and currently use it as a butt plug. The feel, typical of a Scotty, is so smooth but I don't recommend riding a motorbike over country tracks while you're using it.

If I had $1000 I'd buy a cheaper Scotty and a flight to Canada and superglue it into Rock's hands while he's asleep.

If I have to buy equipment, I'd get a set of either Scratch or Miura irons. Not a reflection on the Pings, those are simply 2 makes I really like but will not spend the money for.

If I can do anything golf related, it would all go towards playing courses that are out of my price range.

If I had $1000 I'd buy a cheaper Scotty and a flight to Canada and superglue it into Rock's hands while he's asleep.

I'd kick in a couple hundred so you could fly 1st class...lol

Let me see, there are probably a couple of drivers out there I haven't tried yet.............I just can't think of which ones? :emot-ange

But seriously, I'd get a HiBore XL tour 9.5 with another Matrix Ozik shaft, just to see if the occasional hooks are my fault or the closed face on the standard XL. Maybe wait a few weeks and buy a G-10 from WBL when he sells his, we all know it's coming.

My irons are set, maybe try some new wedges

Putter is set, it's me, not the Scotty,:emot-ange

If any was left I'd buy some Srixon ZURS'

The rest I'd blow on beer and green fees!!!!

Would see what the new S57's from Ping look like. And, if they don't tweak my fancy, I'd spend the grand on a set of I10's. I10... 3-P, 54 and 58 Ping Tour wedges... all with DGS (S400) shafts, blue dot, 1/4" long, yellow Ping grip code.:smilie_pi:smilie_pi:smilie_pi

$1000? Pay off my credit card bill from the i10's and Bobby Jones hybrids. :laugh:
I was going to say, mine is already spent and not going anywhere real soon.

I guess if faced with that predicament I would likely look at a driver in 12* loft (probably still a G2 or possibly try an TEE), the Baffler Pro hybrids in 23*, and possibly the Odyssey Black in the same #7. Although this is not to say that any of them would even find a way into my bag. Oh yeah, and maybe try some spinner shafts on my wedges and the Creations in my FW's and Driver. If I had the money I had to burn I would try them knowing I could pull them off if I didn't like them. Honestly though, I have no desire to even try any new clubs any time in the near future.

Now Gadgets, that is a whole other story. How about the Golf Guru GPS, the Pinseeker Range Finder, the Golflogix.

Would see what the new S57's from Ping look like. And, if they don't tweak my fancy, I'd spend the grand on a set of I10's. I10... 3-P, 54 and 58 Ping Tour wedges... all with DGS (S400) shafts, blue dot, 1/4" long, yellow Ping grip code.:smilie_pi:smilie_pi:smilie_pi

Damn, you, WBL, and I all code out at Blue +1/4 (although I am a white grip kind of guy.) I will have to keep an eye out if you ever get rid of some of your old stock. :D

Hey Rock, can we start that Blue Dot club now? :laugh:

Maybe we can do a deal here as I picked the toe end only of that very putter for just $1400 last month. I had it customised and currently use it as a butt plug. The feel, typical of a Scotty, is so smooth but I don't recommend riding a motorbike over country tracks while you're using it.

Niiiiice.

Butt Plug??? Customized??? I'm thinking "oil can finish" and the initials A. S. S.? In all seriousness the toe end of a Napa would make a nice butt plug.

OK... can't post that without saying that the "in all seriousness" bit is not really serious at all.

Damn, you, WBL, and I all code out at Blue +1/4 (although I am a white grip kind of guy.) I will have to keep an eye out if you ever get rid of some of your old stock. :D

Hey Rock, can we start that Blue Dot club now? :laugh:
Been "Blue" since the Eye 2's. Eye 2's, Zings, Zing 2's, ISI S's, ISI BeCu's, ISI BeNi, I3 Blades, I3+ Blades... and, now, back to old Eye 2+'s... numerous sets of some of those and all Blue Dot. I guess they've changed the color code, slightly, on the 10 series. But, until you send me the $1,000 out of the kindness of your heart... I'm just wishin' and dreamin'. Shot 80, today, with a triple on #9. That's about all this ol' body can expect to accomplish.

"When I dump some old stuff"?????? Watch for my obituary. The kids may sell off my BeCu +'s at a garage sale when I'm gone. Before then, don't plan on those ever leaving my sight!!!!!

Been "Blue" since the Eye 2's. Eye 2's, Zings, Zing 2's, ISI S's, ISI BeCu's, ISI BeNi, I3 Blades, I3+ Blades... and, now, back to old Eye 2+'s... numerous sets of some of those and all Blue Dot. I guess they've changed the color code, slightly, on the 10 series. But, until you send me the $1,000 out of the kindness of your heart... I'm just wishin' and dreamin'. Shot 80, today, with a triple on #9. That's about all this ol' body can expect to accomplish.

"When I dump some old stuff"?????? Watch for my obituary. The kids may sell off my BeCu +'s at a garage sale when I'm gone. Before then, don't plan on those ever leaving my sight!!!!!

Well if the kids plan to get rid of the BeCu's, have them e-mail me first. :D

Send you $$$? I already spent my $$ on i10's this month. :D

I would def. buy some Miuras. and whatever is left on some Pro V's

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781