• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

It's Cold out there

Wow what a beautiful day. By the turn the temp was well above 50* and the sun was shining. Very little wind. Went up to Triggs again with 2fast2 and played 18. We had a great time on a great day. My full swing was pretty decent but my putter almost didn't come home with me.
icon10.gif
I had 37 putts with a chip in and missed 3 birdie putts totalling less than 15 feet combined.

Wow what a beautiful day. By the turn the temp was well above 50* and the sun was shining. Very little wind. Went up to Triggs again with 2fast2 and played 18. We had a great time on a great day. My full swing was pretty decent but my putter almost didn't come home with me.
icon10.gif
I had 37 putts with a chip in and missed 3 birdie putts totalling less than 15 feet combined.

whatdya shoot?

-11 below in eastern North Dakota this morning.

Relatively cold here today. Supposed to get down to 20's tonight. Even a little snow in parts of Hemet ealier this AM!! Lasted all of about 3 minutes!!

whatdya shoot?

92... should have been an easy mid 80's round the way I was swinging though. Greens are still crap. I checked a few pitchmarks and the ground about 1/2" below the surface was frozen. I hit a PW from around 90yds. that I knew I had mad spin on, felt like a sculled it I caught it so clean. I see it hit and dance all over, then roll off onto the fringe. Tough to score on those greens.... probably part of the reason you can't enter scores this time of year.

92... should have been an easy mid 80's round the way I was swinging though. Greens are still crap. I checked a few pitchmarks and the ground about 1/2" below the surface was frozen. I hit a PW from around 90yds. that I knew I had mad spin on, felt like a sculled it I caught it so clean. I see it hit and dance all over, then roll off onto the fringe. Tough to score on those greens.... probably part of the reason you can't enter scores this time of year.

we should be glad you cant enter scores haha,

we should be glad you cant enter scores haha,

Yeah, I expect my handicap to rise this year. I will be playing this course primarily and it is one of the hardest in the state. Course record is a 66 and it's been played by Faxon, Andrade, both Quigley's, the list goes on. It's the home of the RI amatuer stroke play championship and area Div. I NCAA tournament. So, yeah, it's about 100times harder than the course my cap scores came from. It's an original Donald Ross design from 1933. At least you don't have to worry about 20+ foot putts.... miss the stick by 20ft. and you'll be short-sided hitting out of a 9ft. high bunker.
icon10.gif
When I can break 80 here I'll be a "real" golfer.

Thats awesome Ez. Gluck to ya:)

Thanks. I actully shot my best rounds at my old course right after a round at Triggs. They are also tearing up my old favorite and making it 7000+ yds. We'll have to see what the price will be but it will possible take the title of hardest in the state. I'm expecting a slope of near 150 from the tips by the time they are done. I've already see the layout for one hole... It will be a 650yd. par 5 requiring a 250yd. carry just to clear the water and get to the fairway. Cream a driver, stripe a 5W and still have an 8i in.
icon10.gif

YAY!!!! With a couple days of 50+ degree weather the courses are almost completely empty of snow. YAY!!!

Yeah, I expect my handicap to rise this year. I will be playing this course primarily and it is one of the hardest in the state. Course record is a 66 and it's been played by Faxon, Andrade, both Quigley's, the list goes on. It's the home of the RI amatuer stroke play championship and area Div. I NCAA tournament. So, yeah, it's about 100times harder than the course my cap scores came from. It's an original Donald Ross design from 1933. At least you don't have to worry about 20+ foot putts.... miss the stick by 20ft. and you'll be short-sided hitting out of a 9ft. high bunker.
icon10.gif
When I can break 80 here I'll be a "real" golfer.

should actaully be the same if the slope is rated correctly. however i vaguely remember you saying that it plays harder than the slope.

its been 50 and raining EVERY day here in Ohio. even if it stop raining long enough to play, the courses wouldnt be open cause the courses are all under water. We would be under like 10 feet of snow if it was cold enough...

should actaully be the same if the slope is rated correctly. however i vaguely remember you saying that it plays harder than the slope.

I get 1 fricken stroke... the course is 450yds. longer and the greens are half the size and twice as fast. Not to mention bunkers.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520