• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Lyle has started something

zaphod

Reaction score
I ordered some Acer XP905 pro series irons also at a great price. I wanted to try some low offset irons I already have the shafts. A set to 5.5 rifles 0.370 new and waiting for 1 year. Just have to get the grips.

Waiting for the Federal express guy now. Also ordered a insert to convert a regular putter to a broomstick. Again I have the shaft. Also ordered a heavy putter head to play around with. Hireko golf has such great deals.

Price+Quality=Value

I ordered some Acer XP905 pro series irons also at a great price. I wanted to try some low offset irons I already have the shafts. A set to 5.5 rifles 0.370 new and waiting for 1 year. Just have to get the grips.

Waiting for the Federal express guy now. Also ordered a insert to convert a regular putter to a broomstick. Again I have the shaft. Also ordered a heavy putter head to play around with. Hireko golf has such great deals.

I'll be interested to see how you like the XP905 Pros once you've hit them for a while. I love mine, I strike the ball so cleanly with them and the feel is great. I'm sure part of it is having a shaft that matches my swing too. I can't see these coming out of my bag anytime soon.

MGP, how do they compare to the P2's? I'm interested in a set. I think I might have to go with a Forged set of something else though as I'm not sure if these will be able to be bent to my specs. As I'm sure my specs will be a little crazy.

Price+Quality=Value

Most of the Heriko stuff is very high quality. Dont let the low prices fool you. The Acer xp905's are every bit as good as the Callaway X20's at about 1/10 of the price.

Most of the Heriko stuff is very high quality. Dont let the low prices fool you. The Acer xp905's are every bit as good as the Callaway X20's at about 1/10 of the price.

LOL, I AGREE, I AGREE!

MGP, how do they compare to the P2's? I'm interested in a set. I think I might have to go with a Forged set of something else though as I'm not sure if these will be able to be bent to my specs. As I'm sure my specs will be a little crazy.

I built my XP905 Pros to the same length and swingweights as my P2's. They swing pretty much the same and I didn't need any time to "get used to" the XP905s.

To compare the two I'd say they feel similar but the XP905s feel more solid to me. Definitely more forgiving. I can work the ball right or left with either but I have to stay on top of my swing with the P2's to make sure they go straight. My natural shot with the XP905's has been pretty much dead straight unless I try to draw or fade it.

Since I have the same shafts on both sets and the lofts are equal, I hit them about the same length and the same trajectory. I may hit the XP905's a bit higher and longer but not a lot. I really need to take them out and hit them side by side for a comparison.

As far as bending clubs, 431 Stainless is pretty soft and bends well. Harder stainless like 17-4 is tougher though. The P2's bend very easily, I suspect the XP905s would bend resasonably well too.

zaphod, you're on a ho'ing BINGE lately!!!

Ya, but I'm a grasshopper compared to.......fill in blank:thumbs up:

Certainly will post review of the purchases.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520