• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My Daddy makes more than your Daddy

I bet 75% of his earning comes from Nike.

Its all there if you read the article ;)

I was shocked at how much Gillette pays him. Its no damn wonder why a 4 pack of Fusion blades is $20.

He also covered his face with his glove and dove in front of Lidstrom in an attempt to block a shot late in the third. The size of a mans heart cannot be measured they say, his balls however can be, and I am guessing Malone has very big balls LOL.

Ditto on the Tiger comment as well. That was a very dickheaded move buy a guy who should know better.

I really don't think Hockey gets the respect it deserves... people who bash on it have no idea how tough those guys are and how difficult it is to play at that speed.... shit most people I know can't even skate.

I don't want to get into the whole golf is not a sport debate but, people like Tiger who rank golf or baseball (I'm a huge fan of both) higher than hockey for entertainment purpoeses need their heads examined... just watch this finals series.

The Stanley Cup IMO is the ultimate prize in sport.

I really don't think Hockey gets the respect it deserves... people who bash on it have no idea how tough those guys are and how difficult it is to play at that speed.... shit most people I know can't even skate.

I don't want to get into the whole golf is not a sport debate but, people like Tiger who rank golf or baseball (I'm a huge fan of both) higher than hockey for entertainment purpoeses need their heads examined... just watch this finals series.

The Stanley Cup IMO is the ultimate prize in sport.

I agree 110%.

NHL hockey is extremely physical. They play a brutal 82 game schedule and then play every second night come the playoffs. It is as much a test of endurance and will as it is anything. How these guys can do this is beyond me. To say I respect them is an understatement. I doubt I would be able to get out of bed for a week after a physical triple OT game. Heck I had trouble getting up the next day and I only watched it.

I suspect that Woods' comment about no one watching hockey was just a rib at Gretzky.

Still, I don't buy Nike, Gillette, or Buick.

I will try to not bash hockey and/or offend the fans.....but I don't understand the uproar with what he said.

"I don't really care," he said with an impish smile. "It's all about the Dodgers. I don't think anyone really watches hockey anymore."

The first thing said by any hockey fan is "golf isn't even a sport, you don't have to be an athlete to play golf". Does that offend golf fans?? My personal feeling, no golf isn't a sport, it is a game......as is hockey, baseball, football and anything else played with a stick and/or ball. Besides that I don't understand hockey, so I don't watch it, who cares if some guy got hit in the face with a puck and is bleeding out of his ears or whatever, I don't understand the game/rules so I choose not to watch it because it doesn't make sense to me......I am from South Carolina so that should release me from being ignorant of the rules....What is the perspective of the guys that are watching or follow hockey?? Do you really have an issue with someone from the US that likely doesn't even follow hockey saying people don't really watch it??

Jason

Jason,

You are missing the point. Tiger is a professional who's words carry a lot of weight. It is unprofessional for him to make such a comment, especially in regards to a game that they are trying to grow in the US. He also has a lot of ties to the games greatest players, especially Wayne Gretzky, and making a comment like he did is disrespectful. You would never hear a guy like Wayne dis golf or golfers in any way. A little common courtesy is all that is asked.

That's because according to Tiger "nobody watches hockey"

Tiger Woods, ambassador of sports (except for hockey) - Puck Daddy - NHL - Yahoo! Sports

I'm officially anti Tiger now.
Interesting, because although I golf and have never played hockey I rarely ever watch golf outside of the Majors. Even if I had a choice between a hockey game I wanted to see and a Major, I would likely just record the Major and watch the last hour.

Man, talk about things I wouldn't watch anymore, how about shaking hands with David Lee Roth. I hope he washed that thing afterwards. That picture alone is probably enough to make me reconsider my opinion of Tiger :D

He should probably realize that the one of the only reason many people watch golf is when he is in the event before comparing it to Hockey. If you take the top 10 golfers out of an event, I would sooner watch the Lightning play the Kings on the last game of the season.

It was a joke. Same way you would poke fun at a rival team when watching a game with friends, and support your favourite.

It wasn't disrespectful or discourteous at all. He didn't say anything bad about hockey. All he said was he likes baseball more.

Jason,

You are missing the point. Tiger is a professional who's words carry a lot of weight. It is unprofessional for him to make such a comment, especially in regards to a game that they are trying to grow in the US. He also has a lot of ties to the games greatest players, especially Wayne Gretzky, and making a comment like he did is disrespectful. You would never hear a guy like Wayne dis golf or golfers in any way. A little common courtesy is all that is asked.

I think you guys are missing the point. Take away a few northern states and Canada, and you have zero audience watching hockey with any gusto. So, in Tiger's eyes, he's 100% correct.

I don't blame him for his comments, as they are truthful. But I do agree that he could have left the "lynching" for another day.

R35

I think you guys are missing the point. Take away a few northern states and Canada, and you have zero audience watching hockey with any gusto. So, in Tiger's eyes, he's 100% correct.

I don't blame him for his comments, as they are truthful. But I do agree that he could have left the "lynching" for another day.

R35

The real question then is how can you grow the game? For some reason it is just not taking in those southern states. Jason's comments are pretty obvious to that point. We're lucky to live in VT where hockey is just as favorable a sport as if we were still living in Nova Scotia... Jason - that's on the east coast of Canada - due east of Maine ;)

The real question then is how can you grow the game?

According to Gary Bettman the trick is to take teams from great Canadian cities like Winnipeg and Quebec and move them to places like Pheonix and Nashville. Seems to working wonderfully ;)

Honestly, maybe there is no need to grow the game? Maybe the league needs to realize it will never be popular in the South, and bring the game back to its roots so to speak. What would be wrong with a league with only 20 teams? Less dilution would create a stronger league featuring more skilled players. Bring teams to cities like Winnipeg, Quebec, Hamilton, Regina etc. Yes the players couldn't demand the money they are getting now but it sure beats 9-5ing it. Sooner or later the league will need to realize that people growing up in places like Atlanta where its 90* most of the damn year are never going to really get into hockey. Sometimes smaller is better imo.

I can't even begin to think of how to actually spend that much money :wow:

Okay okay okay...

Hockey? Its a shame its not more popular. I tried it once, had fun, but took too much time and effort that I rather focus on golf. But bottom line, whether you like it or not, we live in a corporate world. Golf is more popular because more people, especially the wealthy, play golf. Its just how it works. That being said, it really is a shame. Anything beyond this is largely opinion, whether its an easy sport or "the ultimate prize" for a Stanley cup.

Tiger's Comment? Well...who cares what Tiger says? :) His words carry a lot of weight? On who? People that aren't you? Or do they carry that much weight on you and you are upset at that, and you listen to him? It seems that it kind of depends on the comment, and which best might suit your "crusade" against Tiger.

Jeff,

Trust me, I have no crusade against Tiger. In fact I am a huge Tiger fan. I just thing his comments were unnecessary and that he should choose his words a hair more carefully is all. Does it effect me? Not at all. A week from now I probably wont even remember it.

Jeff,

Trust me, I have no crusade against Tiger. In fact I am a huge Tiger fan. I just thing his comments were unnecessary and that he should choose his words a hair more carefully is all. Does it effect me? Not at all. A week from now I probably wont even remember it.

Well, not necessarily you...But in general too many people attack him. Its the plague of being #1 at a sport, and people wanting you to be a politician.

Which, by the way, Tiger has done a darn fine job being #1, and trying to set a good example...in my eyes. :)

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520