• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

My purple patch has officially ended...

acarty

Future Pro!
So I've been playing well for a little while. Got my handicap down from 18 to 8 (then back to 9) this season, and have been doing really well.

I played in a 36 hole open on Saturday and played fairly well, although the course was harsh, and the greens were like concrete. Then Sunday I play in a 4bbb Open at my home club with my dad, and I played like a complete girl. I must've shot about 16 over. Then Monday, I have a match away at another course. We played 11 in the morning, and I was +4 with a triple on the first, so not all bad. Then the afternoon 18, I had 4 pars and the rest bogeys...

Oh dear.....!

wire, i sure hope so. i'm so mad with myself, i was ready to hang the bats up!

No wonder! Golf is a game typically played with an instrument that is called a club. It consists of a steel face and a nice long shaft. You may get additional forgiveness and distance if you switch from your Louisville slugger to some of these said clubs.

For more information:
Golf club (equipment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

That's why I joined this forum! Great information! :rolleyes: Prior to becoming a member here I would golf using tennis balls. They were easier to hit but I severly lacked the distance I needed to score. Another thing about those damn tennis balls...they don't fit in the hole.:thumbs up:

That's why I joined this forum! Great information! :rolleyes: Prior to becoming a member here I would golf using tennis balls. They were easier to hit but I severly lacked the distance I needed to score. Another thing about those damn tennis balls...they don't fit in the hole.:thumbs up:
WARNING THREADJACK IMINENT!!

I have never tried...but isnt the cup 4.25" in diameter? And a tennis ball is 2.5" in diameter...now...my math isnt all that great but i think a tennis ball would fit quite nicely in a regulation cup...

WARNING THREADJACK IMINENT!!

I have never tried...but isnt the cup 4.25" in diameter? And a tennis ball is 2.5" in diameter...now...my math isnt all that great but i think a tennis ball would fit quite nicely in a regulation cup...

Details, details! I can't even get a golf ball on the cup:ugly25:! Ummm, what's "WARNING THREADJACK IMINENT!!"

So I've been playing well for a little while. Got my handicap down from 18 to 8 (then back to 9) this season, and have been doing really well.

I played in a 36 hole open on Saturday and played fairly well, although the course was harsh, and the greens were like concrete. Then Sunday I play in a 4bbb Open at my home club with my dad, and I played like a complete girl. I must've shot about 16 over. Then Monday, I have a match away at another course. We played 11 in the morning, and I was +4 with a triple on the first, so not all bad. Then the afternoon 18, I had 4 pars and the rest bogeys...

Oh dear.....!

Simlar season to me Pal. Started off like a house on Fire, Handicap tumbling, winning board Comps, getting on the Dunham Team and recently over the last month I've suffered a real loss of form. I put it down to thinking too much. When I play my best I just tee the ball up have no swing thoughts and just play but I decided whilst i was playing well to try to make notes of how I do things...Disaster the old Brain started getting involved in my swing and before you could shout 'watch out Peter Pan' I've got the Hooks!!!

OK so a little update. I played yesterday on a 6k, par 70 track. We had a team event in the morning which we (myself, a 13 and an 18 cap) won.

In the afternoon it was a straight medal comp. I shot a gross 75 for +5, with a double and only one birdie despite a shedload of chances. I WON!

Really happy after that, and I have Captains final tomorrow (36 holes) so I'm all set!

Funny how things just turn around!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?