• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

new #1 alert!

N.V.M.

now...a cartoon
Sep 27, 2008
arg-fallbackName="N.V.M."/>
so, if Lee Westwood finishes in top 2 at Dunhill Links Championship, he'll become the new #1 golfer in the world. something to keep tabs on this weekend.

arg-fallbackName="limpalong"/>
And, if that happens, we'll see a new 4-letter word.... P I N G ... on the clubs of the World's #1!!!!!!

arg-fallbackName="slickpitt"/>
F Lee Westwood. #1 in the world my ass. OWGR's are a joke anyway.

arg-fallbackName="xamilo"/>
That's quite a reason to play great this weekend. If he plays like he did on the Foursomes or the first couple of holes in the Match Plays, he'll have no problem with that....

arg-fallbackName="TheTrueReview"/>
Westwood is liable to be aware of this little stat. Even if he does, I think he has the mental strength to handle it as he's making his way round the course this weekend.

I think there's a very good chance that Westwood will do this. Unfortunately, Lefty didn't come through when he had the opportunity late in the season.

arg-fallbackName="thekid65"/>
Unfortunately, Lefty didn't come through when he had the opportunity late in the season.

Nor did he in the Ryder Cup. I've seen the man hit some incredible shots under pressure...but I really wonder at times if he'll ever have what it takes to be #1.

i've read his leg is bothering him again/still. saw a pic of him sitting on the side of the fairway, babying his injury. he's about 10 shots out of the lead after 36 holes. fail.

arg-fallbackName="ManchesterGolfer"/>
F Lee Westwood. #1 in the world my ass. OWGR's are a joke anyway.

Westwood has been the most consistant golfer in the world over the past two years, he could have easily had a couple of Major's in the bag if he had a few breaks down the stretch. He's a top fella and has a great game, best driver of a ball I've seen in a long time. He's a credit to the game and fully deserves the #1 spot if he gets it. I'm glad to see that he's not changing his schedule either. I like seeing Lee play all over the world, glad he's not been tempted by the FedEx cup's millions and is still gonna play in Europe, Asia, the Middle east as well as the States.

arg-fallbackName="Barkz"/>
Westwood has been the most consistant golfer in the world over the past two years, he could have easily had a couple of Major's in the bag if he had a few breaks down the stretch. He's a top fella and has a great game, best driver of a ball I've seen in a long time. He's a credit to the game and fully deserves the #1 spot if he gets it. I'm glad to see that he's not changing his schedule either. I like seeing Lee play all over the world, glad he's not been tempted by the FedEx cup's millions and is still gonna play in Europe, Asia, the Middle east as well as the States.

Totally agree Paul. Top bloke and loves Rugby League as well

gotta like what Westwood did. he gets handed a PGA Tour card and says no thanks.

arg-fallbackName="TheTrueReview"/>
Totally agree Paul. Top bloke and loves Rugby League as well

+ 1 to MG as well. I didn't know about the rugby league. Now I like him even more.

gotta like what Westwood did. he gets handed a PGA Tour card and says no thanks.

Yeah, I saw that also. Decisions like that have been strengthening the Euro PGA Tour over the last couple of years to the point where it is a tier 1 tour in its own right.

Westwood shot an impressive 6 under today(3rd round). a second place finish could still happen.
dunhill.JPG

Westwood came up short, but check this out. on October 31st, Lee Westwood will automatically become #1 in the world, as Tiger's older points get thrown out of the equation.

HOWEVER, in the first week of November(4-7), Woods,Westwood,Mickelson, and Martin Kaymer will all be at the HSBC Champions tourney in Shanghai, where ANY of the three other guys mentioned could take the #1 away from Westwood. whew!

🔥 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back