• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

NEW CALLY X TOUR WEDGES?

ManchesterGolfer

AKA.... Obi-Wan Ho-Nobi
Has anybody seen pictures of the new X Tour wedges yet? There's nothing on Callaways website but I read in a golf mag that they are launching some new ones in the new year. They will go upto a 64 degree!!! I want to demo that!!! Vertical lobs here I come!!!

Wow, a Callaway club (besides the Heavenwood) I'd consider hitting. :D

And whats wrong with Callaway, not that I particularly like them, but there new wedges, the this years and last years have been as good as anything else on the market.

And whats wrong with Callaway, not that I particularly like them, but there new wedges, the this years and last years have been as good as anything else on the market.

Nothing wrong with Callaway, they make great clubs. I just think most of them look like dog balls on a stick and am uncomfortable hitting them. :laugh:

It's a personal preference thing, nothing against Callaway. Callaway clubs almost all look fat and chunky to me (including all their drivers which are very good and a lot of people like). ;)

I actually like the looks of the new wedges and would consider playing them (except I really like the wedges I have now).

I actually like the looks of the new wedges and would consider playing them (except I really like the wedges I have now).

Ive read these forums long enough to know what kind of implications those words have... that is unless you are not like the rest of the ho's on this forum:laugh:

Ive read these forums long enough to know what kind of implications those words have... that is unless you are not like the rest of the ho's on this forum:laugh:

Absolutely. "My bag is set" is probably the most common and broken phrase ever uttered around here (myself included). :laugh:

I've been using the 52,56 and 58 for a while now as wedges are my most recent group of clubs that I just had to have new ones of.

I like them a lot, probably more than anything I've hit. I need to add though, I bored them out to spec and got the grooves to the max allowance. Before I bored them out, they had a nasty tendency to go way too high, now they have a better trajectory.

The ones I use are the Vintage finish as the chrome ones gleam in your eyes like a shiney bumper.

I also did away with the crap shafts that came with them and put in Project X 6.5 shafts at +1 over standard.

They're very consistent for me now, but I did a lot of work to them, and thank God I had the mill to do the work, or I may have been going back to my Titleist Vokey's.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Who has been here?