• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

New Season

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was looking at the leader board of the Fry's Open and it made me think of something. The way the tour was originally the season went until the end of the year but the stars stopped playing after the majors. In order to rectify that the PGA changed the season around so the season ended after the majors and then a new season starts. They did this in hopes that the stars would play in these tourneys to get a jump start on the new season. It doesn't appear that has happened. Looking at the leader board it is filled with bottom 125 players and Web.com graduates. Any thoughts from you guys?

I really have no interest in watching golf after the Fed-Ex Cup. I always watch The Presidents/Ryder Cup and Tiger's tournament but that's about it for me. This time of year I'm all about baseball.

I was looking at the leader board of the Fry's Open and it made me think of something. The way the tour was originally the season went until the end of the year but the stars stopped playing after the majors. In order to rectify that the PGA changed the season around so the season ended after the majors and then a new season starts. They did this in hopes that the stars would play in these tourneys to get a jump start on the new season. It doesn't appear that has happened. Looking at the leader board it is filled with bottom 125 players and Web.com graduates. Any thoughts from you guys?
After the Ryder/Presidents Cup I'll tune in if there is a big name playing but not going to watch just to watch. Especially with the baseball postseason and football heating up.

The stars seem to head off to some big money overseas tournaments. From memory they play Hong Kong, Singapore Opens. I think there's a big HSBC event in China also.

The golfing year seems to be broken into a two thirds/one third ratio. Two thirds is the "serious" part of the year chasing majors. The last third is chasing cashola and having fun at big Asian invitational events.

I have a hard time watching even the presidents cup or Ryder cup. I pretty much tune out after the PGA Championship.

They need an all inclusive elimination round to finish.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520