• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official 2014 US Open discussion thread

Great job by Kaymer, was routing for Compton.

What was up with the course? Did they forget to use water? It didn't look at all like 2005.

What was up with the course? Did they forget to use water? It didn't look at all like 2005.

Put a nice bullnose on some oak with your router? ;)

I was rooting for the 4 guys that are supposed to be getting me to win this competition.

It was a complete redesign from 2005. Coore and Crenshaw rebuilt the course (except the greens) in the original Ross design when it was first built. They removed almost all the sprinkler systems from the edges leaving sprinklers down the middle only. As a result they use about 15 mil gallons of water a year as opposed to the over 50 mil gallons they used to use.

It was a complete redesign from 2005. Coore and Crenshaw rebuilt the course (except the greens) in the original Ross design when it was first built. They removed almost all the sprinkler systems from the edges leaving sprinklers down the middle only. As a result they use about 15 mil gallons of water a year as opposed to the over 50 mil gallons they used to use.
Well that's good, less water is good. This one didn't do it for me...Kaymer played great but the whole week lacked something. Even the shots if the course lacked something I felt. Can't put my finger on it exactly.

Well that's good, less water is good. This one didn't do it for me...Kaymer played great but the whole week lacked something. Even the shots if the course lacked something I felt. Can't put my finger on it exactly.
You have become immune to ugly. I understand. They never should have invented mirrors. That was the most unattractive course I have ever seen on tv.

Other than Kaymer and Fowler the leader board was missing star power.

Other than Kaymer and Fowler the leader board was missing star power.
Just means the stars didn't play well enough to be there. To me, this is not a bad thing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520