• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Official 2014 US Open discussion thread

Don't mess with Sasquatch.

Let's have an honest moment here. Golf has 2 stars that most people, golf and non golf fans alike, recognize the names of. Tiger and Phil. Without them in contention, golf doesn't have the draw. Add to that you has a blowout with little to no drama and you have a....snooze fest. Id be curious to see the ratings.

Kaymer played great though, way better than anybody else in the field.

Just means the stars didn't play well enough to be there. To me, this is not a bad thing.
I don't disagree. I enjoyed all 4 days, but it would have been nice to see a battle involving Phil or Sergio as well as Martin.

Other than Kaymer and Fowler the leader board was missing star power.
I guess we need to define stars. Does Fowler have a win? From what I know of him, his big claim to fame is Golf Boys-I think that was him right?

I see it as 1 man stepped up and won the 2014 US Open from opening day. This has been done very rarely in the history of golf. Additionally, he was the first ever German winner AND he dominated the course and the field.

I don't see where his name even matters. That was a historic effort.

I see it as 1 man stepped up and won the 2014 US Open from opening day. This has been done very rarely in the history of golf. Additionally, he was the first ever German winner AND he dominated the course and the field.

I don't see where his name even matters. That was a historic effort.
He definitely played better from the start.

Yeah, 10 under after 36 in the US Open is an amazing start. Just glad he was able to keep it together for the final 36. Would've been a tragedy to lose after that start.
He looked solid, like nothing phased him. 2 majors and counting.

He looked solid, like nothing phased him. 2 majors and counting.
2 majors and this years Players and counting. That's 3 impressive wins against what should be the top players in the world each time. Going to be interesting to see how far this kid goes.

Golf has 2 stars that most people, golf and non golf fans alike, recognize the names of. Tiger and Phil. Without them in contention, golf doesn't have the draw.

Personally, I don't give a shit if j6p can't recognise the names on the leader board.

I'll still be watching.

Add to that you has a blowout with little to no drama and you have a....snooze fest.

This I agree with. Blowouts are boring. I love to see tournaments come down to the guy in the clubhouse with the lead and the guys in the final group. Playoffs are the best.

2 majors and this years Players and counting. That's 3 impressive wins against what should be the top players in the world each time. Going to be interesting to see how far this kid goes.

The two majors stat is even more impressive because he underwent a slump a couple of years ago after he won the PGA Championship. Often players never fully recover from a slump (eg. Padraig Harrington, David Duval, etc). Kudos Martin. You deserve it all.

Personally, I don't give a shit if j6p can't recognise the names on the leader board.

I'll still be watching.

This I agree with. Blowouts are boring. I love to see tournaments come down to the guy in the clubhouse with the lead and the guys in the final group. Playoffs are the best.
You may not care but I bet the sponsors who pay big bucks towards purses etc. do.

The purse for the US Open was what? $8 million? If nobody watches that won't last much longer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520