• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Putter Advice Required

Irish

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

First post on here, looking for some advice on a new putter...Currently playing a Scotty Cameron Futura and have been for last 3 years but finding distance control a serious issue at the moment...anything outside of 15 feet struggling to control the distance...just doesn't feel solid anymore....so basically looking for a putter with a nice solid feel to it...

Currently looking at two options...

ODYSSEY GOLF 2-BALL BLADE PUTTER
and
Taylor Made Rossa Inza Putter

both look nice and solid to me but really looking for some opinions before I comitt to one or the other as never played either before

putter are such a personal thing....I think most people here including myself would recommend just going somewhere and putting with them to get the feel and look of each. my experience with the two-ball was it was heavy and I had a difficult time not scrubbing before I hit the ball. but the only way you will know is with many many putts. The "ho's" in the crowd may recommend buying both and playing the best until it turns bad then stashing it in the corner in favor of the other....and well you get the cycle......I currently have five putters leaned in a corner, and any of them could be a gamer at any time.....it is just a personal thing with putters.....find one you like and try to stick with it

Jason

Hi Guys,

First post on here, looking for some advice on a new putter...Currently playing a Scotty Cameron Futura and have been for last 3 years but finding distance control a serious issue at the moment...anything outside of 15 feet struggling to control the distance...just doesn't feel solid anymore....so basically looking for a putter with a nice solid feel to it...

Currently looking at two options...

ODYSSEY GOLF 2-BALL BLADE PUTTER
and
Taylor Made Rossa Inza Putter

both look nice and solid to me but really looking for some opinions before I comitt to one or the other as never played either before

The 2 ball is a sweet putter. It's a hell of a lot softer feel than your Futura or the Rossa though. You can't go far wrong with the 2 ball they've been around a while now and you still see them in every pro event you see on the TV.

DEMO, DEMO, DEMO is the best advice I would give you though especially with something as personal as putting..

I had a Futura Phantom and had the same problem. Awful from anything outside 10 feet. I bought a Futura Mallet and haven't looked back. Completely different putter. I've tested a dozen other putters since I got the mallet, and nothing has been able to get it out of my bag.

Give it a try at your local retailer. I've got the heel-shafted original mallet. Great flatstick.

I'm obviously going to recommend the 2 bar putters.

Blade or mallet, you decide.

I've had this problem with any mallet putter I've tried, 2ball especially. It was good for the 5 or 6 footers, providing I could get inside 6ft. from 33ft. :)

IMO, go blade Anser style.

As most of the previous posters have said, testing is the key. You need to find the weight and feel that is ideal for you, no one else can know what you are going to like. My putters are extremely heavy, they have a swing weight of E8 or so, just the feel that I like and am most successful with. I am also terrible with mallet putters, I tried to use on for a while when the Corza first came out and I nearly threw it in a dumpster. Go somewhere that has a green you can roll a few on, real grass would be ideal, but an indoor green will at least give you an idea of the feel of the putters.

If your having problems with longer putts, give a blade or anser style putter a little more of a chance over the mallets. Again as all have said, just find something that works for you.

The twoball blade is a dope putter btw. Although still dont beat my SC:)

like SCGolfer said i to think putters are a personal part of the game. a putter is a putter. i bought a few before a found the i-trax and i love it a lot. but i cant putt with a blade putter i had a cally tour blue before the i-trax and i just sucked with it. so demo as many as u can possibly demo and make the decision only based on how it feels and works for you. this is just what i think.

thanks for all the advice guys..I'm heading down to the local pro tomorrow to see if he'll let me demo the 2 ball blade for a round or at least on the putting green...I'll let ya'll know how it works out

thanks for all the advice guys..I'm heading down to the local pro tomorrow to see if he'll let me demo the 2 ball blade for a round or at least on the putting green...I'll let ya'll know how it works out

Dude, you just stole half of my name!!!

Only kidding, good to have you aboard. From where do you hale? A few fellow Irishmen post here regularly, I'm from Portstewart.

The best putter I've ever used for judging distance is the Heavy Putter - you really wouldn't think it, but because its weight cuts out so many other issues that can cause a bad putt you end up just concentrating on the other variables like length. It's staggering how good it is at distance control.

I have a massive mallet this year. Its also center shafted and I am almost embarresed at how well I am putting (if that makes any sense at all). I almost feel I need to explain myself to people I play with. I have never sunk so many 15-25 footers as I have this year.

Hi Irish Golfer...

From Dublin so not too far away...must get up that way to play some of the great links up there...portrush and county down on the agenda for later on this year...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,424

eclark53520