• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Scotty question

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK

OK, so I scored (ho'ed) a Scotty Cameron on eBay, it was screaming at me. ;)

I thought that the deal included a SC headcover, but the dude is looking for an extra $75 for it. It is a Circle T - Atomic Red Studio Stainless Cameron Cover. According to his blurb...

**The Putter Cover is in "good" condition. It looks good on the club and it functions properly. If you buy the putter at the "Buy it Now" price, the putter cover will be included at no additional cost. However, If at the end of the auction, the putter is not bought at the "Buy it Now" price, the putter cover will be available for an additional $75.00. Please understand. The putter cover is NOT included in the bid price unless the putter is purchased with "Buy it Now" before the end of the regular auction.

According to this dude "There is a Red Circle T cover for sale now with around 4 hours to go that has already reached over $150.00"

Here's my question(s)?

Has anyone heard of Circle T - Atomic Red Studio Stainless Cameron Cover?
Is it worth $75?
Should I invest in this?
I guess I need some sorta cover to keep this dude in good shape, right?
Newport2SS_CT1.jpg

Circle T denotes that it was made for the Tour. Ordinary buyers do not have access to them first hand (usually given to touring pros.) It is more of a collectors item because of its limited availability. Go the the Cameron web site and buy the same head cover without the Circle T for around $20 or find a standard issue one on e-bay for less. Unless you are going for the collectable aspect (which would probably imply that you are not going to put it in your bag for play) I would suggest looking elsewhere.

Thanks my friends. That's exactly what I wanted to hear.

Anyone want to buy a (8.5 outa 10 condition) 2 ball White Hot Oddessy Blade?

Blade? Hmm.

Just cut the head off and send it to me...:D

R35

Rockford35 said:
Blade? Hmm.

Just cut the head off and send it to me...:D

R35

Has that package arrived yet? I asked our CT. shipping lady to fwd. it on the cheapest way possible. She needed your phone # for some reason. Let me know when it arrives!

Nice score IG, you're gonna like it.

Not here yet, but it took a helluva long time to get a wedge from Maverick when he sent it too.

Must be Category orange at the border.....you know, preventing "terrorism"...:D

R35

I've also decided that if I go crazy and buy a high end putter, I'm gonna buy one of these:

Slighter Golf

I also read someplace that Scotty isn't doing custom putters anymore...just for Tour guys...

R35

Rockford35 said:
I've also decided that if I go crazy and buy a high end putter, I'm gonna buy one of these:

Slighter Golf

I also read someplace that Scotty isn't doing custom putters anymore...just for Tour guys...

R35

They look nice, did you get a price quote?

Rockford35 said:

R35

Tour members and/or close personal friends can still get Scotty customs. You can send your Cameron to the custom shop for modification, but you can not get a custom milled putter done by Scotty first hand (e-bay or obagain may have limited availability.) I was watching the Golf channel coverage of the PGA merchandise show and they had a Cameron that sold for $25,000.00 US Dollars!

I have been playing with a Studio Style for the last few months and love it! Everyone who trys it wants it, but do not want to pay the price for one. I am still frequenting E-bay, GCE, and obagain's new site to see if I can get a Studio Stainless or Mil Spec in a 33 inch length for a good deal so that I can ship it out to the Custom Shop for full customization. Unfortunately, even the beaters still go for higher prices than I am willing to pay. Some day, I hope to have a second Cameron in my collection.

Saw a studio stainless (red) HC at GolfSmith in the used bin for 5 bucks. I'd check your local club swap place first IG.

DaveE said:
They look nice, did you get a price quote?

~300USD, plus options on finish, grip, headcovers, ect.

I like this one, minus the shitty paintfill...
Spokane4001.jpg
Spokane4003.jpg

VtDivot said:
Saw a studio stainless (red) HC at GolfSmith in the used bin for 5 bucks. I'd check your local club swap place first IG.
Go back & buy it. I'll double your $$.:cool:

Hope you like the wee gift Marko sent ya, Rock. Was hand-picked by moi personally :D

Can't believe it ain't with ya yet, right enough.....:eek:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,423