• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Spammers

azgreg

"Don't count that."
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotta do something about the spammers. Maybe set it up so someone must reply to 10 threads before they can start a new thread or have someone in admin or mods approve new members.

Gotta do something about the spammers. Maybe set it up so someone must reply to 10 threads before they can start a new thread or have someone in admin or mods approve new members.
Agreed

There are things in place to help keep spammers out, but nothing is perfect.

Best thing you guys can do is always report it. Mods will get a notice, and we can come clean it up.

I've cleaned up quite a few spam posts lately that did not get reported but had replies after the initial post.

And none of the above is to pick on greg or FS at all. This thread is just a good place for a reminder to the members.

Best thing you guys can do is always report it. Mods will get a notice, and we can come clean it up.

I've cleaned up quite a few spam posts lately that did not get reported but had replies after the initial post.

And none of the above is to pick on greg or FS at all. This thread is just a good place for a reminder to the members.
I'm guilty of never reporting spammers but I will because the run on sentence guy is killing me with his nonsensical nonsense.

Bullshit! We need an inquisition!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByShot Talk1403720618.400200.jpg
    ImageUploadedByShot Talk1403720618.400200.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
They seem to be most effective when it's the wee hours in the northern hemisphere. I do report them at times but I know it'll be a few hours before it's actioned b/c of time zone differences.

We can be the night watchmen.
All we have to do is block them out.

It's been pretty steady as of late. My morning ritual is:
1- go to ST
2- check latest active members list
3- click on suspect users
4- spam-ban 99% of them
5- check their I.P. address. If it's India/Pakistan/et al... ban the entire I.P.
6- check out pictures of Lark's naked wife.

We can be the night watchmen.
All we have to do is block them out.
Reporting them is most effective. That way we are sure to get them.

I spam-banned five I.P. addresses this morning. Only 462 million to go...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520