• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider Putter Review

This one is on my very short list. Played around with it this evening in the GS and I like it a lot. It just sits super square snug up behind the ball and feels great. I love how the ball rolls right off the face. I have some ho'ing to do to rais the funds but I will have this!

As soon as I sell a few things on the bay i will be ordering this putter from the taylormade rep. as soon as I see him the next time he stops by the golf course. I love how this thing sets up so square to the target. its truly amazing

How does the Spider compare to the Tourismo? They look similar only the spider is bigger & has the aluminum "legs".

Just wondering if anyone tried both of these & has some comparison thoughts.

I would "suspect" they are very similar (MWT etc). The allignment marks would probably be the main difference. Possibly the MWT is wider apart (higher MOI?) on the Spider. :) But I never tried the Tourismo.

Putted good last night. Guess I'll leave it alone for awhile and maybe get another grip and just hold on to it without putting it on right away. Don't know what I want yet anyway... :)

I tried one of those and just can't feel comfortable looking down at those sprawling things with all the appendages hanging on it. I wish I could putt with a Napa or an 8802.

...just can't feel comfortable looking down at those sprawling... appendages...

Yep, I never... ever... had sprawling appendages. I've heard some guys brag about theirs, though!:biglol::biglol:

Gonna try some heavier weights in mine ala LyleG. It's feeling a little light last couple rounds but still working good (if I work good). :)

Hi guys.

Ain't been about for a while, so thought I would first of all say Hi. :) Hope you're all good :thumbs up:

I am thinking of either getting this putter - especially after all of those wonderful reviews - or one of the new Ping G10 putters: the main mallet-shaped one. Really like it, although have yet to see it in the flesh.
Has anyone used it as of yet ?

:)

On Playing Lessons With The Pros last week, the one with Faldo and Kyle McLachlan at Pebble Beach, Faldo was putting with a Spider, and using the claw.

Sad, really.

Add me to the list of people in love with this putter.

I tried this out on the outside practice green at my local shop the other day and was blown away. I probably tried 15 putters from Rifes to Oddesys to Camerons and this thing blew them all away in terms of accuracy, how it tracks, rolls the ball, ease of alignment, etc.. It's a fugly beast to be sure but damn if it doesn't putt fantastic.

Time to start saving for one :smilie_tm

So I sold my Sumo2 and took a trip to Kenosha and The Golf Shack (where I just bought my G10). They had one of these left (33") and it actually felt kind of heavy, like my Anser. I bought it. :rolleyes:

i use to frequent the golf shack in milwaukee quite frequently. i think they closed that store down now. i am still very good friends with the guy that managed the milwaukee store. actually played a couple of rounds with Bob Polivka (the owner) years ago.

the main store in rockford is awesome. it has everything you can think of and right out back is a heated driving range. they also have a nice restaurant there too. i beleive its called garretts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520