• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

TaylorMade Rossa Monza Spider Putter Review

warbirdlover

Ender of all threads
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have been putting really well with the Redwood Anser (I'll hold on to it) but the last couple times out struggled with short 3-5' range putts. I couldn't square it up and no matter how good a stroke I put on it I'd miss.

I came to the conclusion that the old 2-ball I had was deadly at this distance but the Anser was much more accurate on long putts, assuming I'd correctly read the green. I think it was because it was heavier. Too light is not good and too heavy is also not good IMHO.

So I sold my Sumo2 and took a trip to Kenosha and The Golf Shack (where I just bought my G10). They had one of these left (33") and it actually felt kind of heavy, like my Anser. I bought it. :rolleyes:

Yes, it's fugly but not as large (or larger) as other MOI putters like the Craz-E etc.

I was asked to sub in league tonight so out on the course it goes, cold turkey. Actually I took the afternoon off and spent some time getting aquainted on the putting green. :)

In league I played lousy (that word "league" got in my head again) but WOW did I putt good. This putter really puts a nice roll on the ball. It could be true of all Rossa putters (face insert) but I didn't find any others this nice weight. I was doing well no matter what the distance. The allignment marks on the top seem excellent. It really works weel for me.

I guess I just removed all my equipement excuses. Now I'll have to just go through my shot routines and will DAZZLE my partners... Well, do better then usual? :D

Give it a try... :)

Oh yeah, I forgot to put in the pictures.... :D
spyder1.jpg
spider2.jpg

That thing is uglier than the girls Sssmokin likes.

I have to admit I love the look of this putter. I may buy one today just because......

I have to admit I love the look of this putter. I may buy one today just because......
You are one sick puppy, mister Lyle! I bet you save all of sssmokin's pics, don't you? ;)

Don't get the Klingon version! Stay loyal to the Federation...
-
-
-
ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_enterprise_putter.jpg

Don't get the Klingon version! Stay loyal to the Federation...
-
-
-
ai159.photobucket.com_albums_t135_eracer1111_enterprise_putter.jpg

LOL, I built one of these for a guy I play with on the weekends. He is a huge ST fan and thanks to this a horrible putter as well.

I was thinking the same thing, E. :laugh:

I don't know about this one WBL, the Spider just screams desperation to me.

Jeez, warbirdlover. Have you ever considered just pitching a tent in the parking lot of the Golf Shack? You would save a ton on gas money.

I should quit my job and become his runner. I'd make more money.

Jeez, warbirdlover. Have you ever considered just pitching a tent in the parking lot of the Golf Shack? You would save a ton on gas money.

SiberianDVM

It's only about 8 miles from my house, maybe 10.... :D

That's not good is it? :rolleyes:

That putter looks like a regular blade that someone (who was bored) just kept adding bits onto. WTF are the bits at the very back? Extensions?

Extensions with MWT on the ends. The weights that come with it are plenty heavy. I like the weight. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520