• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This non televising is BS!

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The damn rd is well underway with a number of folks already finished yet TV coverage doesn't start until 3:00 central time. Sure they are giving updates on the Golf Channel but it's not the same thing as watching the event, hell those announcers aren't even at Augusta National, they are down the road at Augusta CC.

It's the 1st day of a 3 day weekend for a lot of folks, it's the 1st PGA major of the year, why can't we have actual live coverage????????????

Go to the Master web site. They have a pretty good set up.

This is all part of we are the Masters so F you week. That place needs to clean out the cobwebs and get with the times. Otherwise what can you expect when the people calling the shots range in age from 70 to fossilized.

The members have always felt that the ticket holders should experience more than the non ticket holders. Why ask now when its been this way forever? I'm dying too over here but I also understand that the members control everything and they aren't going to show you everything without the price of admission. It wasn't long ago that the only holes shown were 15-18.

The members have always felt that the ticket holders should experience more than the non ticket holders. Why ask now when its been this way forever? I'm dying too over here but I also understand that the members control everything and they aren't going to show you everything without the price of admission. It wasn't long ago that the only holes shown were 15-18.

I wasn't aware of that. 4 holes worth of coverage would be pretty damn lame.

I'm happy it's came as far as it has. And I agree it should be a lot better by now.

A fun fact my buddy that deals with a lot of the members told me was that when the "geezers" die that a portion of their estate goes to the club. So they would survive without showing a hole or letting us in to see the course.

They've been showing the back 9 for quite some time now, although I haven't been around the TV to see it this year.

They've been showing the back 9 for quite some time now, although I haven't been around the TV to see it this year.

Well I was being a little sarcastic when I typed that, we all know they are slow to come around. From 53' when they first televised the tourney til 73' they only showed 15-18. Then in 73' they started televising the 12th on. Hell it took them til 82' before we got to see the first two rounds.

I do agree that if espn is going to televise the Masters they should pull the programing during the day to show the full tourny...

I am even fine with them not putting the full tourney on TV if they would put it online as a webcast, or making it PPV to get full coverage of the full tournament. But with the positive feedback they are getting for this limited added coverage online I would say it is only a matter of time before we see a much increased coverage of the first two days. Until then I will just keep the fingers crossed.

What happened to USA coverage on Thur and Fri ?
Too much $ for them?

I dunno but I wish it was still on usa. Then I would have been lazy ALL DAY!

I am even fine with them not putting the full tourney on TV if they would put it online as a webcast, or making it PPV to get full coverage of the full tournament. But with the positive feedback they are getting for this limited added coverage online I would say it is only a matter of time before we see a much increased coverage of the first two days. Until then I will just keep the fingers crossed.

I have always wondered why Majors or atleast the Masters has never had full live coverage PPV? Maybe one day down the road it will happen?

Just endemic of the whole event really.

An invitational smug-fest on a tricked up field. Not a Major more like a crazy golf event.

Shame as it could be soooooo good.

But it's just not any more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427