• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Tiger Woods - Classy guy!

From ESPN:

VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Tiger Woods was fined by the European Tour on Monday for spitting during the final round of the Dubai Desert Classic.

The incident occurred Sunday on the 12th green, after the No. 3-ranked player missed a par putt on his way to a 3-over 75.

"The tournament director, Mike Stewart, has reviewed the incident and feels there has been a breach of the tour code of conduct and consequently Tiger Woods will be fined," the European Tour said in a statement.

The tour said it would not disclose the amount of the fine.

The tour's code of conduct states that when a player becomes a member, he "voluntarily submits himself to standards of behavior and ethical conduct beyond those required of ordinary golfers and members of the public."

Woods began the final day one shot off the lead but never recovered after making two bogeys in his first three holes.

The 14-time major winner finished tied for 20th place at 4-under 284. Woods has gone 17 tournaments without a win for the first time since turning professional in 1996.

Television cameras spotted Woods spitting in an earlier round in the Dubai tournament.

Ewen Murray, a commentator for Britain's Sky Sports, said on air after seeing Woods spit on the second tee during the second round that it was "one of the ugliest things you will ever see on a golf course."

On Sunday, after Woods spit on the 12th green, Murray said on air that "somebody now has to come behind him and maybe putt over his spit. It does not get much lower than that."

What a joke!!! "one of the ugliest things you will ever see on a golf course." Give me a break!!!!! The one thing I've never liked about golf is all the hoity toityness.

I guess I'm the only one here who has spit or taken a squirt on a presious golf course?????? Why stop at the greens.....what about the fairways and the rough????

I guess I'm the only one here who has spit or taken a squirt on a presious golf course?????? Why stop at the greens.....what about the fairways and the rough????

I've spit on the golf course...

There are lots of things you don't do on the green that you can do on the rest of the course....spitting should probably be one of those things.

If I've gotta spit, I generally do it off the fairway if possible. Just common courtesy in my book...it's the way I was raised.

Two years ago... TW could have dropped his drawers and takne a dump next to the cup and the entire world would have bowed in revernce. Today... he will find consequences for actions just like any other player on Tour. The European Tour was correct in assessing a fine... if they would have fined any other player for the same action. This is bound to add to the emotional challenges with one who thought he was above chastisement, but has now discovered he will be treated no better than anyone else. Wonder what happens the next time a boulder needs moved....

If I've gotta spit, I generally do it off the fairway if possible. Just common courtesy in my book...it's the way I was raised.

So you actually walk from your ball in the rough or woods to spit on the fairway ;)

So you actually walk from your ball in the rough or woods to spit on the fairway ;)
Shoot, where my ball winds up, I could take a dump and no one would know it!

Apparently the European Tour didn't care for it. They've fined Woods.

The reality is that as a golfer, Woods is remarkable. However, as a person he's a dirtbag - tho' a very rich dirtbag.

Two years ago... TW could have dropped his drawers and takne a dump next to the cup and the entire world would have bowed in revernce. Today... he will find consequences for actions just like any other player on Tour. The European Tour was correct in assessing a fine... if they would have fined any other player for the same action. This is bound to add to the emotional challenges with one who thought he was above chastisement, but has now discovered he will be treated no better than anyone else. Wonder what happens the next time a boulder needs moved....

Not true, he has taken crap his whole career for his mouth.

In the Waste Management Open recently, I remember there was a scene where Geoff Ogilvy was lining up his putt & in the foreground Jason Dufner did a long dribbling spit on the green. It almost made me sick. It was probably too unpalatable for the folksey CBS/Golf Channel crew to even refer to it.

Then perhaps it's time for him to learn to control his mouth.

meh, I could care less about it. You could hear worse just turning on some of the cable shows that are on nowadays.

Then perhaps it's time for him to learn to control his mouth.

Meh...if he can pay the fines(which i'm sure he can) he can keep on swearing to his content.

If they(the tour) want to control the players behavior they're going to have to start attacking their ability to make money, not the money they already have. Start suspending them from the big money tournaments. It probably won't matter to people like Tiger though, he makes more money through sponsors and endorsement deals than he ever will playing golf. Golf may have gotten him there, but he has moved on to bigger things as far as pay out is concerned.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520