• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
United States United States
Bought a set of Lynx Parallax irons becu 3-SW with graphite shafts. Want to take them out soon to hit.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
Wow. Didn't realize Lynx has produced any BeCu irons. I knew they had offered the Parallax in the "black" version. Found they did and am super excited for your find. Enjoy them!!!

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
Wow. Didn't realize Lynx has produced any BeCu irons. I knew they had offered the Parallax in the "black" version. Found they did and am super excited for your find. Enjoy them!!!
I didn't either. I remember seeing some that were nitride. But then I saw these on eBay and snatched them for $85. Not sure if it was worth it, but I wanted to try becu irons. I'm a Ping fan and I have always wanted to get a set of Ping becu irons. With the combination of not being able to find a set to my specs and the high price tag I have never done it. But, I wanted to see if I would even like becu clubs before I made such a big purchase. This may not make any sense to anyone. But, the price of this set is about the same as one Ping becu club. So I'm going to try them out. But I am skeptical that I will find anything that will ultimately replace my Ping Zings as that is usually the case.
b8c8d04623bc48207a41f2a12b1670e4.jpg
9abf1421ff1f264b308a2bcc8155279d.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
I didn't either. I remember seeing some that were nitride. But then I saw these on eBay and snatched them for $85. Not sure if it was worth it, but I wanted to try becu irons. I'm a Ping fan and I have always wanted to get a set of Ping becu irons. With the combination of not being able to find a set to my specs and the high price tag I have never done it. But, I wanted to see if I would even like becu clubs before I made such a big purchase. This may not make any sense to anyone. But, the price of this set is about the same as one Ping becu club. So I'm going to try them out. But I am skeptical that I will find anything that will ultimately replace my Ping Zings as that is usually the case.
b8c8d04623bc48207a41f2a12b1670e4.jpg
9abf1421ff1f264b308a2bcc8155279d.jpg

These are mine. Picked them up in 1999. Play them a few times each year. So afraid I will leave on laying or someone will steal one of the wedges from the bag. 3 thru LW, all same serial number. Son-in-law has a set of the iSi BeCu, 1 - LW. His were a WRX set Ping sent out to a pro in Iowa. They has the DGS400 shafts installed by Ping. Mine have the JZ Stiff shafts.

2011-01-12 003.JPG

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
These are mine. Picked them up in 1999. Play them a few times each year. So afraid I will leave on laying or someone will steal one of the wedges from the bag. 3 thru LW, all same serial number. Son-in-law has a set of the iSi BeCu, 1 - LW. His were a WRX set Ping sent out to a pro in Iowa. They has the DGS400 shafts installed by Ping. Mine have the JZ Stiff shafts.

View attachment 32202
Those look beautiful.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country

View attachment 32202
I also like that you have the pluses. Those are the best version in my opinion.

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
Yesterday, I bought a set of these Powerbilt TPS irons 3-SW off a guy from OfferUp for $30. I've seen these from time to time in the thrift store bins but never a whole set. Have always wanted to try them. OMG are these awesome. They are really soft feeling and very forgiving. I had no idea that they played like this. And I went out this morning it was about 38 degrees here in Illinois and the hits still felt very soft. Anyone else play these?
6c26f78e135148696edfe75dacd434c9.jpg

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Wasn't it Chip Beck who played PowerBilt on Tour in the early 90's. IIRC, I bagged the TPS irons for one or two rounds. No memory of how they performed or why I didn't bag them very long. Back then, very few clubs lasted longer than a round or two... before something with more 'glitter and bling' caught my eye.

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Not golf-related but I did buy this today. I'm in love :cool:

55nkF8h.jpg
Beautiful Les Paul! I actually sold mine this year after 19 years. Once I got the Paul Reed Smith, there was no turning back. It was the Les Paul's weight that bothered me most. The PRS doesn't have the creamy punch of the LP, but it's close. Enjoy that axe!

🔥 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.