• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

TEA Time

Grumpy Gilmore
Staff member
Admin
Mar 23, 2011
Portland, Oregon
Country
United States United States
Beautiful Les Paul! I actually sold mine this year after 19 years. Once I got the Paul Reed Smith, there was no turning back. It was the Les Paul's weight that bothered me most. The PRS doesn't have the creamy punch of the LP, but it's close. Enjoy that axe!
Yeah the newer LPs have less weight than those older ones. I think this one comes in just over 8 lbs.

Fairwaysplitter3320

Recovering Equipment Ho...off the wagon again.
Staff member
Admin
Sep 7, 2013
Chapel Hill, TN
Country
Not golf-related but I did buy this today. I'm in love :cool:

55nkF8h.jpg
Badass!

thegolfclubdoc

Nov 9, 2018
Country
Got a set of 2-10 of these. But need some help on the background. As you can see from the picture these are MacGregor MT split sole irons. It's has imprinted RST1. I think that the ST1 means steel shafted 1 which equals stiff. I have seen some other versions of this that has an A at the end for aluminum. I cannot figure out what the R stands for. I have seen versions that have an R, S, T, and L. Anyone have any information?
d59a82ff992951a0cfa2de3e4d299acf.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
Winn Dri-Tac oversize grip for GoLo putter. The shaft steel is probably getting worn thin from all the grips I've slid on this old jewel. It's always the putter or the grip... never the puttee.

Also picked up a 50 degree Callaway Jaws wedge. My iBlade pitching wedge is 46. My next wedge has been a 52. Will see if this narrows the gap a bit.

Almost picked up a like new Tour Edge HL4 driver. The price was right. Just really "anti-driver" right now. Never in my life have I driven the ball better than I am now... with the Mini 1.5's. Still have the Callaway XR16 for when I get really old and need a crutch...

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
New battery for my truck. 2014 and it still had the original battery. Seemed sluggish a few times, but always started. Predicted subzero temps in the next few days so decided rather than be left sitting or have to change it in my own driveway... do it. Don't ever remember an OEM battery going that long.

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Sep 1, 2004
I got me a hitting net. Pretty cool set-up, only took about 3 mins and I was good to go. For now, it is in the FiL's garden. We got some carpet down to protect the grass. After about 15 shots I was bored senseless!! It's good getting the feeling of hitting an actual ball, the first since 24th December, but I need to see the ball flight.

On an aside, I now have 4 clubs built up with my new graphite shafts. The x3 wedges are done, they look amazing but I'll get some idea of feel this week. I have only done the 6 iron from the main set for now, I'm waiting to see how it feels in terms of swing weight etc before doing the others. I'm getting quite the hang of cutting and gluing shafts, gripping etc. It's quite therapeutic in fact.

Wi-Golfer

Golfer on hiatus.
Supporting Member
Jul 25, 2007
Madison, Wi
Country
Also not golf related, but Thursday afternoon I traded my truck in for a Cadillac XTS. I haven't driven a car since 2001, and that was a convertible Mustang. Haven't driven a sedan since the mid 90's, and that wasn't mine, it was the ex-wife's Volvo. Trucks and SUV's are trading in for so much more now, I actually reduced my debt (which reduced the payment), plus I'll get better mpg and the Caddy has 90,000 miles less than the truck (which I put 60,000 on in 2 years).

Picked this up in april, fun little toy.
HbbuAEkbYnwwq-SXFaMCheCjKJbmHhDHkHBd4KBtv4ITRZPYivGA6kcY7LelT15xHXkYZpfa2m_ctwmmXL-NErYFl7KGJslYgbC3OOOzuhY1Zh4BzbL88AAOPT-IMD9zNq6u_w9lLyDfyBrBZ2dS_s4T0F-X3H3HCthDEhQ47FGtBL7vVvomPqfoYhi-mvfofs4mOVtfg0UuOaVPO_zVeCCGcuMIyG-7EkopLH9cXISw3dbQRnAhnn9SBSBPjUXv2rXJbo6aVu1Aam34dqejbGYHmnDIHH1R3FmcG8cmSGF--G1w5Iq_yDiqlyVDKXqf3g55mTw-2GLB0e5KsWqA3ltTBIV2MigMzMhM6uGqlsEZHu8hK0gjWBhvCofp6GUHSMvnXezIhr9fS8voAlutnWVUL9j-7hCH_y67L-J_t32x4hnlN1JKKnSR8DDek2Nvvvbypq_Io2jRdMyzTKSLz1ilGV2p6NE_NVpzyzEe3rul0RE52oRBB36w6B6CUN9oAIHNITiuLoU1paIcLpLpU1BNHbkQTz7QibCHrZkkItYO3trSyXrg2helwEXRkixpZZVg5S89T0H12IhQiyFt2wo6yv7EI8WM5uPpkA4YWll54UtHC7le5PizyO5_ye0mTxG5KEnzkvLfFk1dY1xxa8MuNrZKqw9pRR3chiiy-k3D7gLh7MFDluOtP5QG3g=w1638-h921-no

🔥 Latest posts