• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

What did you buy today?

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
United States United States
Been wanting/ needing a new bag. Stopped today and looked at a few. Mizuno and Titleist staff bags. Was undecided, and left. Got about 10 minutes away, and regretted not geting the Titleist one. Also, my fiance' is amazing... she wants for nothing, and takes great care of me. She's super frugal too. I got to thinking, i can spend $400 on a single golf club, or a set of shafts, or A shaft, or, the thousands I've spent on tools and equipment... why not spend the money on her. So when she got home, told her I looked at new bag, she asked if I bought a new bag. I said yeah. She asked how much. I giggled and snickered. She started to get upset.... "$600?" I said no. "$400?" I blushed sheepishly. She slowly said my name in a drawn out way, like I was in trouble. She said, "where is it?!" In the spare room. She went in to see my "new bag", and found.... "her" new bag. To me it's not much, a few hundred dollars. I would have spent it anyhow. While I was at the golf store I was going to get a new hat, but passed on that too. When I was at Coach, I looked at a hat..... HAAAAA! I'm not spending $128 on a hat. That's mental. Also, I kept the receipt for the bag in my wallet so she didn't see.

Attachments

• 1616624899942.jpg
    1616624899942.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:

PaPaD

Geezer, recovering club ho.
Supporting Member
Jan 5, 2015
Fredericksburg VA & Hernando FLA
Country
Been wanting/ needing a new bag. Stopped today and looked at a few. Mizuno and Titleist staff bags. Was undecided, and left. Got about 10 minutes away, and regretted not geting the Titleist one. Also, my fiance' is amazing... she wants for nothing, and takes great care of me. She's super frugal too. I got to thinking, i can spend $400 on a single golf club, or a set of shafts, or A shaft, or, the thousands I've spent on tools and equipment... why not spend the money on her. So when she got home, told her I looked at new bag, she asked if I bought a new bag. I said yeah. She asked how much. I giggled and snickered. She started to get upset.... "$600?" I said no. "$400?" I blushed sheepishly. She slowly said my name in a drawn out way, like I was in trouble. She said, "where is it?!" In the spare room. She went in to see my "new bag", and found.... "her" new bag. To me it's not much, a few hundred dollars. I would have spent it anyhow. While I was at the golf store I was going to get a new hat, but passed on that too. When I was at Coach, I looked at a hat..... HAAAAA! I'm not spending $128 on a hat. That's mental. Also, I kept the receipt for the bag in my wallet so she didn't see.
You're gonna get laid real good tonight.:cool:

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
A box of Srixon zxyx something or another ballz
Tees, and different grip put on the new driver.
Then treated myself to a good lunch and Blue Moon Beer at on da border.
It’s nice to eat something decent for a change lol.
Then stopped at Kohl’s, got two golf style shirts and. Pants that r golf freindly. Unfortunately they were real 36 waist, not 36 = 38.5 dangnabbit

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Sooooo, I went back and got a bag..... the embroidery shop was closed, so I'll have to wait to get credentials on it. Thought about bringing the current gamer gime and changing over, but I left if in my locker at the club.

Attachments

• 1616712599387.jpg
    1616712599387.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 95

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
USMC ! If only I had been smarter.. but sheesh I can’t possibly imagine my skinny weak azz, beach bully bait ever making it past day one of basic training!
Man I how I envy you guys !

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Paid the 20 bucks today to try out two Hogan 7i
The Icon and Ptxpro

should be fun. More fun in fact than the bar I used to frequent and blow 20 bucks rapidly!
Bar is closed now... dang it.
Like a Hogan club, the bar was kinda personal.

jhmeg2

Sep 16, 2011
Hancock, Wisconsin
Country
Paid the 20 bucks today to try out two Hogan 7i
The Icon and Ptxpro

should be fun. More fun in fact than the bar I used to frequent and blow 20 bucks rapidly!
Bar is closed now... dang it.
Like a Hogan club, the bar was kinda personal.

Who's this guy named "20 bucks", and why did you do it frequently? Lol

limpalong

Mental Ward Escapee
Supporting Member
Oct 18, 2006
I forgot!
Country
USMC ! If only I had been smarter.. but sheesh I can’t possibly imagine my skinny weak azz, beach bully bait ever making it past day one of basic training!
Man I how I envy you guys !
Our son was 132 pounds and 6'=3" when he enlisted in the Army. Had never played a sport and was as athletic as a three-legged porcupine. Started running in basic and found he could just keep running... and running... and running. Over the years, he has tried to run a full marathon most years. He did a trail run in the Nashville area, a while back. Said the first mile was almost straight uphill. Some of the contestants didn't even make that. He was crossing a creek and slipped on a slick rock... or something. Felt his knee pop. Thought he was done. Tried to run and tripped over a hidden tree branch in the water. Knee popped back in and he finished the race near the top of his age group.
He took four guys from his unit up to somewhere in Indiana for a military competition. They had to be if full battle dress... boots, flak jackets, and all. Each had to have an 85 pound pack on their back. IIRC, the competition was running... or trying to run... something like 8 miles in a couple hours. Whatever the time was, he and three of his guys all made it.
The past few years, he's really beefed up. Tries to keep his weight right a 195 to 200. Everything he's added from that 132 is solid muscle. Dozens of jumps when he was with the 82nd Airborne and the 5th Special Operations Group. At not quite 40 years old, he wonders why his knees are shot!!!!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
The Hogan demo 7i arrived today. Ptx pro and Icon blade.
Can’t wait to try them out.
The Ptx pro looks better in real life than the pictures imho.
I just had too add the icon blade to see..
Funny about blades... my wedges, like a lot of folks have are blade type. Yet we hit them well enough. I certainly don’t expect any miracles lol. My current hogan apex edge pros are very good condition, better than I can play them.
But at this time, money wise, I migh want to take advantage of getting a brand new set.
Both have kbs 90 R flex. Here’s a toast to good results!

Nikonut

Apr 24, 2008
N. Texas
Country
Pulled the trigger on the Hogan combo set, with 4i Hybrid
And even better, got an immediate 10% off code
Unfortunately they didn’t have the two wedges I would like to get... just got a matched set lol.
Messaged them about getting on a waiting list.
This is my first ever brand new set

eclark53520

DB Member Extraordinaire
Supporting Member
Dec 24, 2007
South Central Wisconsin
Country
My friend bought a new Taylormade Sim2 or whatever so I was hitting his M2. Striping it, way more consistent and longer than my Callaway.

So yeah, I bought a used M2 yesterday. :D
This is how I sell my old clubs...let my buddies try them at the range and utilize that honeymoon period to my advantage lol

🔥 Latest posts