• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Winter time!

IrishGolfer

Fac ut gaudeam
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We changed our clocks at the weekend, so now it gets darker one hour earlier. Batten down the hatches until Spring. I love getting home from work and being able to head outside, to work on the garden, play with the kids, go golfing etc. This time of year all those options are off the table. Hate the bloody winter.

We changed our clocks at the weekend, so now it gets darker one hour earlier. Batten down the hatches until Spring. I love getting home from work and being able to head outside, to work on the garden, play with the kids, go golfing etc. This time of year all those options are off the table. Hate the bloody winter.

I like some moderate season changes (fall colors, cooler days) but the sunset at late afternoon just sucks, as do the dreary, wet winters here in VA. Spring is always a very welcome change! SWMBO and I are blessed - we are now both retired and will be spending our winters in Florida. The sun sets early (EST), but the temps are mild. Hang in there! :cool:

Living in a temperate to hot climate, I read the comments of you Northerners about winter with interest. In my neck of the woods, I can golf all year round. Winters are fairly mild and sunny. That said, it seems that the defined seasons for you guys can force some different interests depending on the season; eg. Golf in summer and snowboarding in winter. Interesting.

Living in a temperate to hot climate, I read the comments of you Northerners about winter with interest. In my neck of the woods, I can golf all year round. Winters are fairly mild and sunny. That said, it seems that the defined seasons for you guys can force some different interests depending on the season; eg. Golf in summer and snowboarding in winter. Interesting.
I ski all winter, golf in the other 8 months

same here dude, nice relaxed winter for us as well - no snow or stuff like that!! now summer is starting here, yesterday was a nice hot one - 35 degrees at 18:00 when I got home, sun still out and about.....fun times ahead...

I drink beer and get on my wife's nerves all winter, I add golf to the mix during the summer (all 4 weeks..)
5 below this morning, sucks big time.

I don't drink beer, but I get on SWMBO's nerves pretty much every season. I'm consistently annoying as a husband. :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520