• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Worst comment from a proshop guy ever

RoRo

Reaction score
After I asked about my club vs. the Ping G2...

"The Ping Si3 350 you are playing with is probably one of the worst drivers they have ever made. The difference between the two clubs is night and day"

ARRRGGG...And I thought I was hitting the driver fairly well. Doesn't he know that golf is 90 percent mental?????

OK...Time to look on Ebay for a new driver :D

He may know something about golf equipment but he's a dumbass when it comes to sales. You never, never tell someone that what they have know is the worst ever because you are basically telling them they're stupid for having it.

If you do get a new one, don't buy it from that jerk.

I agree. Find another shop where you can get better help.

Where do you live??

I live in MD. But, I was speaking mostly in jest. He was actually pretty helpful. The pro shop is at a driving range and he let me wail away at whitey with several different drivers.

I did hit the G2 well, but then again I hit all of them fairly well (r5, launcher, etc etc). I am not good enough to be able to tell the minor differences...esspecially with range balls.

Still...a new driver is a new toy...and I love my new toys.

I see you're suffering from Club-Ho-Itis.

It's not a rare disease around these parts. :D

R35

I'm getting some inflamation myself, after test driving/fitting several Callie 454 drivers. Wow...

As a threadjack-- anyone else hit this driver? nniiiiccccceeeeee

bdcrowe said:
I'm getting some inflamation myself, after test driving/fitting several Callie 454 drivers. Wow...

As a threadjack-- anyone else hit this driver? nniiiiccccceeeeee

Kinda like asking a room full of alcoholics if they've ever tried beer. It's one of the better big drivers IMO.

I think there is a cantelope on a stick for just about everyone now. Mine is still the 460 Cobra with the NV. :D

I still can't bend my mind around that paint can on the end of a stick. I mean, I know it works, but cripes!

Maybe I need more time with one. I though 380 was big, but wowzahs!

R35

Rockford35 said:
I still can't bend my mind around that paint can on the end of a stick. I mean, I know it works, but cripes!

Maybe I need more time with one. I though 380 was big, but wowzahs!

R35

I started trying the big buckets when the 580 came out. I guess I tried about everything after that too and always went back to the 360.

I got serious about it though after watching Tiger, Vijay and a few others knock it out of the park with them. I've had mine out four or five times now and can't imagine giving it up. My fairways hit % is probably 25 to 30% better.

DaveE said:
My fairways hit % is probably 25 to 30% better.

This is the big draw.

If I wasn't hammering my driver these days, i'd be right there with you, I can almost guarantee it.

R35

The guy was a jerk. Better to find out before you gave him your money.

THere are a lot of good places in maryland to get clubs. If you are near baltimore try Hillendale CC. They are very friendly and the guys know there stuff.
Just because he did not like the driver does not mean it is a bad club. I would never tell someone a negative, I would point out the positives on the new driver.

RoRo said:
"The Ping Si3 350 you are playing with is probably one of the worst drivers they have ever made. The difference between the two clubs is night and day"
Unless there's a typo, an Si3 is either 340 or 380. I've got both and found both to give me good service.

It is the 340. Typo or me being stupid...same thing.

Maybe I'm alone in my thinking here but I like salesman who will shoot me an honest answer and aren't just looking to make a sale. If I have a shitty product and there's something better then DAMNIT I want to know about it.

I own a computer sales and repair store and when someone comes in and is having trouble with something that is a peice of shit (Lexmark printers for example) I make sure to let them know.

I'm with you Rosmo, an honest salesman is a good thing, and my ego can take a hit (I've got plenty:) ). But, an Si3, even a 340, is good stuff. This guy's sounding like a jerk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomaschasse54

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,427

eclark53520