• Welcome To ShotTalk.com!

We are one of the oldest and largest Golf forums on the internet with golfers from around the world sharing tips, photos and planning golf outings.

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

what did you shoot today?

37/41. Took the day off from work. Good stuff. Still loving the Wishon's.

BTW...I have a 8am tee time tomorrow morning. Life is good!
If you like those gol durn Wishons so much, why do you still have the Mizzys in your sig??? You are probably playing the Mizzys, trying to convince one of us to buy the Wishons from you!!!!:D:D:D

Good to see you playing a little more!!!!

I've got a 12:34 tee time.

fppZCt6.jpg
But there's no humidity. I could take those temps!

Well, 79 the past three days. Knew with my consistent inconsistency, that couldn't last.

Turned the front this morning at 40. Hmmm... a 39 on the back... 10 thru 15, 6 pars. Fairways, greens, and putts. Or, fairways, just off the greens, good chips, and a putt. 16 is the #2 handicap hole on the course. Narrow par 4 with trouble left and right. Slight dogleg right. Hit it too long and through and you're toast. Try to back off and it fades a little too much and you are in the high stuff. Pulled the new 3-wood and let 'er rip. Solid down the middle with a pitching wedge left. Stick it to about 5 feet and make the putt for bird. -1 on the back going to #17. Short par 3. 8 iron is tracking right at the pin. The guys are hollering for it to go in. Hits 2 feet in front of the flag, hits the flag stick and ricochets to about 8 feet. Miss the come back bird putt and settle for my 3. Go to 18 still 1 under on the back. Hit my best drive of the day. The three young flat-bellies with us try to swing out of their shoes and all end up in the rough to the right. My cart partner is in the fairway, but you could build a Super WalMart between his drive and mine. Actually hit it too far. 220 out. Fairway doglegs hard right at about 140. A large tree hangs out over the corner. Can I keep something low and punch through the tree? I don't think I've got anything that I can hit over the tree. Pull the new 5-wood. Set up for a hard cut/slice. Aim right at the left side of the tree. Ball sails up over the tree, cutting right at the green. Comes up about 10 feet short, just off the front fringe. Nice little bump/chip to about 2 feet. Not one of those tongue-tied idiots would say, "That's good!". And, sure enough, I pulled the short putt to lose the bird and end up at the -1. So, 40/35 = 75. Not another 79. Could have been better, but everything really felt good today. Cannot get over how well I'm striking driver, fairways, and irons. Wedges are good. May have to go shopping for a new putter. :>)

limp- What course do you normally play?

limp- What course do you normally play?
Stagg Hill Golf Club
Joined Stagg in 1985. Moved away from 1990 to 1999. Came back in 1999 and have been a member here since. It's a tight course with lots of trees. Not too long.

We also have Home - Colbert Hills | Golf Courses, Restaurant, Events here. Had a membership there for a few years also. Too "high class". We have a Country Club. I've only played it a few times. Short course with the "old money" that keeps their noses pretty high in the air.

Ft. Riley is just to our west. Custer Hill is a nice venue to play from time to time. All the security issues of getting on post has seen play there dwindle. The front 9 was a RTJ design. In about 1986, or so, the base has a commanding General who said "Real soldiers don't play golf." He ordered the course closed, sold off all the equipment, dozed out the dams for the two ponds, and let the entire course grow back to native grass. The course reopened around 2000. The ponds were never reestablished. Fun greens. Good to play once or twice/year.

About 20 miles west of us is Rolling Meadows. Way back in the '80's, it was listed in Golf Digest as one of the best in Kansas. The Corps of Engineers built the course below Milford Lake Dam and sold the course to the City of Junction City for $1.00. As with most municipal politics, the course has suffered through a number of ups and downs. Budget cuts... Placing of City Council relatives there as greens keepers to keep them out of jail... I haven't played it in a couple of years, but have heard it is back in really great shape.

Stagg Hill Golf Club
Joined Stagg in 1985. Moved away from 1990 to 1999. Came back in 1999 and have been a member here since. It's a tight course with lots of trees. Not too long.

We also have Home - Colbert Hills | Golf Courses, Restaurant, Events here. Had a membership there for a few years also. Too "high class". We have a Country Club. I've only played it a few times. Short course with the "old money" that keeps their noses pretty high in the air.

Ft. Riley is just to our west. Custer Hill is a nice venue to play from time to time. All the security issues of getting on post has seen play there dwindle. The front 9 was a RTJ design. In about 1986, or so, the base has a commanding General who said "Real soldiers don't play golf." He ordered the course closed, sold off all the equipment, dozed out the dams for the two ponds, and let the entire course grow back to native grass. The course reopened around 2000. The ponds were never reestablished. Fun greens. Good to play once or twice/year.

About 20 miles west of us is Rolling Meadows. Way back in the '80's, it was listed in Golf Digest as one of the best in Kansas. The Corps of Engineers built the course below Milford Lake Dam and sold the course to the City of Junction City for $1.00. As with most municipal politics, the course has suffered through a number of ups and downs. Budget cuts... Placing of City Council relatives there as greens keepers to keep them out of jail... I haven't played it in a couple of years, but have heard it is back in really great shape.
Stag Hill pics look nice.

This the card?
Stagg Hill Golf Club Scorecard

100 today. I suck.
I was there last weekend. Some days it feels like the first time in my life I picked up a golf club. Then I realize there are millions of folks who would love to be able to play golf as much as we do even if they shot 120. So, I try to put the bad round behind me and know I'll play better the next round... or the next....

i thought you said you could handle those temps. Oh, that was your score.....sorry.
Sure easy to understand why no one likes you. How has a sane lady put up with you for 25 years???!!!???

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redlight

Top Posters

1. 21,781

Rockford35

2. 17,422

eclark53520